Push mowers. Very ambitious.
Hopefully some sun lamp rigs coming too 
Pitch is looking a bit patchy !!
Hopefully the edges will be sorted at some point.
Hoping the two comments above were delivered with some sarcasm, given renovations began less than a month ago and we still have 7 weeks left. Surely, given most of us stayed away for more than five years, the one capacity we have in droves as a fan group is patience!
They look pretty dated....I am sure my grandpapa pushed one of them around years ago. On the plus side it does appear that these guys know what they are doing.
Servo wrote:Hoping the two comments above were delivered with some sarcasm, given renovations began less than a month ago and we still have 7 weeks left. Surely, given most of us stayed away for more than five years, the one capacity we have in droves as a fan group is patience!
If the pitch edges are the only thing I complain about this season then I will be very happy!

The kit looks good to me. 

A proper rotary cylinder mower with a heavy roller at the back. 

They are not push mowers, they are driven using a lever on the handle. 

As for the pitch, fuck sake, it’s only just been seeded, you can still see the lines from the mechanical seeder machine, it seeds in small tight rows that will fill out in no time at all. 

I only said it was a bit patchy 😎 - better keep quiet!

UTMP

Training ground pitches looking better

Do you think we’ll stay and develop there , or build a new complex somewhere else?
seasider wrote:

Training ground pitches looking better

Is it just me or does anyone else look at them clouds & see a big cock & balls  in the middle & one of them dildos with the frilly thumb object poking forward from the base?

🤣🤣🤣

Bizarre

Leesthedaddy wrote:

Is it just me or does anyone else look at them clouds & see a big cock & balls  in the middle & one of them dildos with the frilly thumb object poking forward from the base?

🤣🤣🤣

You'm  weird, as Nora Batty would say. 😀😀

wow, we bought some lawn mowers!
Nobber envy
Leesthedaddy wrote:

🤣🤣🤣

It's just you 😜

Pitch looking good 

Looks fabulous and not a "patchy bit" in sight 😀

That last picture looks like it's taken from the biggest problem patch on the pitch, and it looks great. 

The real test will be winter, of course. 

I agree mate. 

Looks sound to me!

Always does in the summer! Our pitch has been shite for years so I will only ever believe it when I see it.

I’ve read somewhere that the drainage was checked and is in working order. The reason it’s been so bad was incompetence of the head groundsman.

tangerinejezza wrote:

I’ve read somewhere that the drainage was checked and is in working order. The reason it’s been so bad was incompetence of the head groundsman.

I’ll bet that it wasn’t incompetence!

I’d say more a case of no money, no resources, no kit & for obvious reasons no morale. 

Was it not stated that they had to dig deeper in this problematic corner? They wouldn’t have done that if everything was OK. 

Probably more to do with equipment. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the one corner that doesn’t get sunlight is always patchy.