https://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/news/2019/july/club-statement-terry-mcphillips/

Absolutely shocked

To be fair a lot of fans wanted him out.
Shocked! Didn’t see that coming. Thought he was up for a new contract. 
tangerine77 wrote:To be fair a lot of fans wanted him out.

Wrongly. What more could he have done. 

Very likeable man and I wish him well. Some people will say he was pushed but I doubt the new owner would do something as hasty as that.

Here we go! Just as I thought we are getting some stability at the club. One month to the start of the season and we need a new manager. Personally, I don't think it bodes well if we can't keep a manager until everything settles and everybody knows what they are doing.

The timing on this didn’t make sense , why know , start of pre season training 

Plus if you know you don’t want to be manger , why buy these players , or are they not his signings , and if true , why are the board signing these players and not the manger 

Exactly why now? That bit is strange. Perhaps TM needed time to think things over. Who knows. 

Would he have quit after the last game of last season if he’d had enough? 

Seems a strange time to walk away, first friendly isn’t far away.

😮 Weird timing but easily replaceable

Bit strange 

Did well for what he was dealing with sometimes his tactics were wrong but all in all he did us good 

I thought he wanted to be here 

A lot said he wasnt up to the job and a bit naive tactically - he did ok though hope he gets assistant job somewhere

Charlie Adam player manager 😜😎⚽️😜

What about my shout , Gary brabin , he had the dressing room apparently before he quit 
Wonder if he will link up with his best mate  bowyer 
Lincolnshireseasider91 wrote:

Bit strange 

Did well for what he was dealing with sometimes his tactics were wrong but all in all he did us good 

I thought he wanted to be here 

The position we were in and it being Terry's first managerial position that was the time for experimenting. If he had have done the job and got us promoted would the new owners have invested enough to keep us in the Championship? I think not. I would rather accept it as it was with the anticipation of a new beginning with new owners and lessons learnt. Sadly, that does not seem to be so, not a good start.

You can tell by the reaction fans aren't too disappointed. Nothing against the man but I think people want a proven manager. 

I'm sure the vast majority will appreciate how he handled the whole situation. He will always get a good reception. 

eastbeach wrote:

You can admit you're a Nobber now. It's fine. Wonder where that gif is from. 

https://www.pne-online.net/forum/index.php?threads/mcphillips-quits-the-lashers.3428535/post-3485442

Perhaps he decided to jump before he was pushed, if a new manager is announced in the next few days, well...........
whitstabletangerine wrote:Perhaps he decided to jump before he was pushed, if a new manager is announced in the next few days, well...........
The list of people who would do the job vastly increased after Oyston got the boot. 
whitstabletangerine wrote:Perhaps he decided to jump before he was pushed, if a new manager is announced in the next few days, well...........

Perhaps TM wanted assurances but SS couldn't provide those. 

I find it hard to believe that TM would just suddenly decide that he has had enough a week after the players came back to training. 

Agree with Whits (shocker) it's got to be a more attractive position now the ghouls have gone. Still a bit weird to read someone say they didn't really want to be a Manager...you were an assistant manager you unambitious dick, that's like saying you prefer division one to the championship..off you go, enjoy your pipe and slippers.

Simon Grayson will be announced shortly.

Grayson or A N Other 

I genuinely don't know who manages PKE such is the level of insignificance they are.

He wont have resigned.

He was on a 1 year rolling contract.

GynnSquarePhoenix wrote:

Agree with Whits (shocker) it's got to be a more attractive position now the ghouls have gone. Still a bit weird to read someone say they didn't really want to be a Manager...you were an assistant manager you unambitious dick, that's like saying you prefer division one to the championship..off you go, enjoy your pipe and slippers.

Bit harsh. TM has never pretended to be someone else. He has been an assistant all his life - perhaps doesn't want the spot light. 

It might be irrelevant though as he could have been pushed for all we know and therefore his ambition is not really in question. 

He didn’t want the job when Bowyer quit. He only took it on then as caretaker. The fact no one else wanted it kept him there for the season. 
I fucking hope Grayson doesn’t get the job. I really hate that cunt.
GynnSquarePhoenix wrote:

I suppose he could have been frightened of failure. With a new owner, and potentially more investment, more would have been expected. 
tangerinejezza wrote:He didn’t want the job when Bowyer quit. He only took it on then as caretaker. The fact no one else wanted it kept him there for the season. 
That is the other side of the coin. Like you say he publicly said he didn't want the job after Bowyer so he could have left on his own accord. Perhaps a bit of both, fuck knows.