https://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/news/2019/july/simon-grayson-returns-as-blackpool-manager/ 

Fuck shit twat bastards. 

Grayson out!

Crazy club. 

Welcome back Grayson. We have to get behind him otherwise what's the point. 

seasider wrote:

Crazy club. 

Welcome back Grayson. We have to get behind him otherwise what's the point. 

Obviously there is no point! 

Blackpool FC Owner Simon Sadler said:

“It was important to act swiftly and appoint a new manager who can hit the ground running. Simon’s achievements at this level and above speak for themselves. He has a proven track record of getting teams promoted from this division and had great success at this club previously, building a team full of winners and leaders who set the platform for the years that followed.     

“As I stated on Monday, the goal is to get this club back in the Championship within the next few years, and Simon is the man to help us achieve that.”  

Manager Simon Grayson added:

“When Terry made the decision on Tuesday that he wanted to leave, the club contacted me to see whether I would be interested in coming back. After speaking to Simon, Michael and Ben, I thought it was an exciting project to come back to Blackpool and try and take the club forward, especially with the brand new optimism under the new owner.

“It’s now a new era and it’s important that we get this football club, with its fantastic history and tradition, back to some good, positive days again.”

He’s going to try and say the right words, but all they are is words. 

Will need a good start. 

Wonder who his number 2 will be 

seasider wrote:

Will need a good start. 

Wonder who his number 2 will be 

That’s obviously why it’s taken so long in appointing one. “The manager “ will want to bring in his own back room staff. 

To try and put a positive spin on this and assuming TM was pushed slightly, perhaps it does show the new owner isn't messing around and isn't afraid of making changes. 

Really not sure what to think.

Hopefully he will get us a promotion before he completes his mutation into lizard man. A logical and sensible appointment. Welcome back Larry.

Prepared to give him a clean slate and get behind the team. 

Yes, he went to Preston, but so did Brett. Some might say he didn't leave on great terms, but he left to manage his boyhood team and, as we're all well aware, it can't be easy working under the Oystons. Then there's the Preston celebration; I'm not actually that fussed about that, if you're a manager you want your team to win and although it was probably over the top I'd be all for it if it was the other way around. He might have been getting hurlers from our fans, too (à la Mellon with Burnley).

I was willing to get behind McPhillips and give him the benefit of the doubt, but much happier with an experienced manager at the helm.

He'll need to go through a sheep dip before entering the ground.
The question now is which Simon are we employing next?  Cowell or Garfunkels mate?
CheshireSeasider wrote:The question now is which Simon are we employing next?  Cowell or Garfunkels mate?
🤣 it’s Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel 🤣🤣🤣

I knew it!  Cowell wouldn't cut it anyway!

tangerinejezza wrote:🤣 it’s Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel 🤣🤣🤣

I put some thoughts together on here about the appointment https://seanmcginlayfutbol.wordpress.com/2019/07/06/the-case-for-simon-grayson/

Fair post Sean. I think now the dust has settled, I am ok with Grayson. At least we know what we are getting where as TM was still a bit of an unknown quantity. 

Be good if Thommo came back as well.

seanmacca100 wrote:

I put some thoughts together on here about the appointment https://seanmcginlayfutbol.wordpress.com/2019/07/06/the-case-for-simon-grayson/

Good piece once again mate!  Balanced and fair, and the last bit sums it all up well, at least we have a direction now and get to return to watch how it will all play out.

When we lost to Larry at Preston, did you even feel like you were watching your team anymore? We had Ince in charge and Chopra up front for God’s sake.

At least now we seem to have a chairman who cares about building a club for future generations. 

I understand the resentment towards the new manager due to the circumstances of his history with us.  He is, as Sadler said, proven at this level, but I can’t help echoing others’ posts that he was shite in his last two appointments.  Although it must have been hard to care at Bradford when you’re a Leeds fan.  

I want to give him a chance and move forward, I just hope he hasn’t lost it. 

Pretty much how I feel. Blackpool fans need to forget the petty Preston shite and get behind him. If people want a successful season, there is no other option. 
Happy days
seasider wrote:

Fair post Sean. I think now the dust has settled, I am ok with Grayson. At least we know what we are getting where as TM was still a bit of an unknown quantity. 

Be good if Thommo came back as well.

Instead of wanting all these cunts back, Just get yourself down to Deepdale, there’s loads of wankers there. You’d love it!

Can't have one rule for Ormerod and a different one others. Ormerod is a BFC legend. People will quickly forget about his PNE shite if he gets us promoted again. 

I am not thrilled with this appointment but my point is we have to back him if we want success on the pitch. The fans and manager relationship is one of the most important factors in clubs doing well.

seasider wrote:

Can't have one rule for Ormerod and a different one for others. Ormerod is a BFC legend. People will quickly forget about his PNE shite if he gets us promoted again. 

I am not thrilled with this appointment but my point is we have to back him if we want success on the pitch. The fans and manager relationship is one of the most important factors in clubs doing well.

I agree with this aswell.  If it's the best for the club, it's good enough for me.

Gary Bowyer has had his say. Legend is a bit strong!

“Obviously the new owner has come in and the club are going in a new direction with Simon Grayson.

“I’ve known him for a good number of years and when I was manager of Blackpool he was hailed as a legend there.

“I’m sure that appointment will certainly bring more season tickets into the club and increase expectations

A Nobber fan:

"Grayson was a superb manager for us for so many reasons. The Donkey Lashers should count themselves lucky they've got a manager with such pedigree at that level. A really good appointment for them, would be made doubly so if they poach Thommo (can't see it though)."

What formation does Grayson play these days? For us, he played 4-4-2 I think with Parker and Morrell up top.
Grayson plays one formation.  Defensive as fuck. 
Graves wrote:Grayson plays one formation.  Defensive as fuck. 

Wasn't too defensive in our promotion season. All depends on the players at his disposal. Hopefully we can sign 3 or 4 quality players as we are still short in areas. 

AClockworkTangerine wrote:

He will probably do a good job for us but moving forward I would have preferred someone who would hopefully show a bit more loyalty and affection to the club than Grayson has

If he left directly to Preston then that would be unforgivable but joining Leeds was probably a once in a lifetime opportunity. I can't hold that against him.