What do you guys think of Matt Gilks playing for the Cods last night, apparently teaming with us with a view to a contract ??

I know goalkeepers can go on forever but not sure how good he would be now. He wasn't the most agile when with us but very reliable. Could be a good signing. 

Naturally I hope he does shit. Not a fan of Fleetwood with all their Oyston in songs but no surprise they are trying to drum up a rivalry. 

I see you have signed Coutts as well. That is a good signing. 

Yes Coutts seems a good lad, Gilks has been offered the chance to train with a view to getting a short term contract, I thought he was a good keeper but have no experience of him, so will see what happens, we have no number 2 at the moment apart from young Crellin

Good luck for the coming season 

He’ll be wank now, probably a good fit for you lot.
Hero wrote:He’ll be wank now, probably a good fit for you lot.
Let’s continue with this conversation at the end of the season,  and see how far you are in front of lil old Fleetwood, after all such a magnificent club like yours only managed a place above us last season
Well yeah given the size of the two clubs, we should be around 100 places higher 😉
Yes, so dosnt that tell you something about your club ?
HereforthehandofCod wrote:Yes, so dosnt that tell you something about your club ?
Yes. After all the shit we’ve been dragged through, we’re still not as shite as Fleetwood. Funny ain’t it?!
6 points off them next season. 
You are one place above us in the league , you have no training facilities, you have part of St Anne’s sand dunes for a playing surface, your club is something to be proud of 
Hero wrote:Yes. After all the shit we’ve been dragged through, we’re still not as shite as Fleetwood. Funny ain’t it?!

seasider wrote:6 points off them next season. 
If you do get six points off us my friend, you will still be in the same league as us the season after, you guys need to take the Rose tinted specs off, YOU ARE A MEDIOCRE MID TABLE LEAGUE ONE SIDE, the premier and championship was just a taster and you blew it, 
HereforthehandofCod wrote:You are one place above us in the league , you have no training facilities, you have part of St Anne’s sand dunes for a playing surface, your club is something to be proud of 
These things will be changed. Your fan base can't be. 
HereforthehandofCod wrote:
If you do get six points off us my friend, you will still be in the same league as us the season after, you guys need to take the Rose tinted specs off, YOU ARE A MEDIOCRE MID TABLE LEAGUE ONE SIDE, the premier and championship was just a taster and you blew it, 

We’ll be back in the Championship in the next 3/4 years and you know it. For you to get promotion it would take some fucking fluke.

I hope you stick around on here because I can’t wait to rub your nose in it and if you think I’m a cunt now, wait till I’ve got a little success behind us.

Hero wrote:

We’ll be back in the Championship in the next 3/4 years and you know it. For you to get promotion it would take some fucking fluke.

I hope you stick around on here because I can’t wait to rub your nose in it and if you think I’m a cunt now, wait till I’ve got a little success behind us.

Oh , please be assured I will keep checking in with you, it makes my day, all this delusions of grandeur, and what pray enlighten us,what makes you so sure if your prediction? 
HereforthehandofCod wrote:Oh , please be assured I will keep checking in with you, it makes my day, all this delusions of grandeur, and what pray enlighten us,what makes you so sure if your prediction? 
Because we’re fucking Blackpool.
You were a one season pony in 2011, that’s your lot , accept it 
HereforthehandofCod wrote:You were a one season pony in 2011, that’s your lot , accept it 
What about the first 75 years of our history??
History is as it says, what about the present, your saying that history will be emulated, bollicks
HereforthehandofCod wrote:History is as it says, what about the present, your saying that history will be emulated, bollicks

Doubt we’ll have another 30/40 year spell at the top but a 5/10 year stint in the top flight isn’t beyond a club like ours!

One thing anyone should never do is underestimate us... history will tell you that too.

No one doubts your history, but that’s what it is, Leeds Utd, Forest etc, but you guys still believe your a big time club.

No rivalry from me. Fleetwood are a non league side funded by a millionaire who have risen up the leagues on the wallet of Pilley. Good luck to them could easily have been Barrow or Guildford (probably soon Salford). No chance are they rivals even if people try to create some fake rivalry. Best of luck to Fleetwood I personally couldn't care where they finish.

Pilley has built a decent football club. The one thing he can't build though is a fan base. That will eventually be their downfall. 

How many fans will they lose now?’

Quite a few we’re going there to get their football fix while oystain ruined Blackpool. Surely now both the cods and fylde will see a drop in numbers. 

Not sure how you could watch Fleetwood and listen to fans chanting anti Blackpool songs. I suppose the Fleetwood born Blackpool fans could turn a blind eye if they have an affinity towards both clubs.

I hate Fleetwood now. I know saying that plays into their hands with their desire for a rivalry but can't help it.