Who is Hallam Hope? Surely Baptiste is past it now.
Just googled Hallam Hope and he's a winger for Carlisle. Scored 14 goals in the league for them last season apparently 
I had a meal out in Cleveleys last week and baps was there with his family and a big welcome home balloon in the middle of the table not sure if it was for him or a family member, he looked trim so must be keeping himself in decent shape 
AClockworkTangerine wrote:Just googled Hallam Hope and he's a winger for Carlisle. Scored 14 goals in the league for them last season apparently 
 A Carlisle fan on Twitter saying he hopes we sign him as he's shit. Hopefully just bitter. 
Cleveleys_northstander wrote:I had a meal out in Cleveleys last week and baps was there with his family and a big welcome home balloon in the middle of the table not sure if it was for him or a family member, he looked trim so must be keeping himself in decent shape 
Well we need a right back. Not sure Turton and Nottingham are promotion type players. 
Baptiste can easily do a good job for us. Hope could be a decent acquisition 
So potentially two wingers, Hope and our other new signing. That would be good. We haven't been blessed with decent wingers for a while. 

Bit more on Hallam Hope from the Carlisle forum...

I never quite understand the criticism that Hope gets. He has limitations and inconsistencies like all players in League Two do and had to drop down to this level because he wasn't ready to play higher. At 25 and after having a hand in 20+ goals last season, it's hardly a surprise that better teams than Carlisle are now interested in him.

For context, Charlie Wyke scored 32 in 64 starts and Hope has scored 23 in 68 since signing permanently. Not dissimilar records and Hope has played the majority as a left-winger or left of a front three. If and when he does leave, I really hope we find another 'inconsistent' striker who scores and assists as many as he does, but it's almost certain that we won't.

I wasn't exactly excited when Curle brought him in and I wasn't a Curle fan either, but credit where it's due to both him and Hope.

On the right back argument - has baptise still got the legs to play there? I’m sure he’s still solid defensively but probably won’t give enough going forward. He’d be a good signing though, gives defensive versa
I would only see him as cover. I doubt he will still have the pace and energy levels to bomb forward. Perhaps a good one to have in the dressing room.
Baps was one of my favourite players during his time with us. But again we’re looking backwards,  if he’s coming in as cover and perhaps coaching then I’m all for his return. 
Baps looks to be a Centre back now. He did not play much last year, so who knows what we should expect from him
Got to think about the experience with the Baps signing. That backline is a makeup of fairly young lads and organisation and decision making seemed off there a lot at the back end of the season.
tangerinejezza wrote:Baps was one of my favourite players during his time with us. But again we’re looking backwards,  if he’s coming in as cover and perhaps coaching then I’m all for his return. 

Same. Probably has one season left in him at League 1 level. 

Not sure if we are even interested but Hallam Hope scored a cracker for Carlisle in a friendly against Hibs.

Not a bad finish. Sign him up! 😉

The shot had to be good because his control was poor. 

I’m not impressed with that to be honest.