Dundee v Blackpool

Dens Park, 7.45pm

£5 for adults, free for under-12s

Updates and build up here...

COME ON YOU BASTARDS!!!
Couldn't hide my excitement doing this thread. I wonder if Dundee Seasider will be going. 
6 of us will be there! Looking forward to it and will be in frews bar for a few before it
DundeeSeasider wrote:6 of us will be there! Looking forward to it and will be in frews bar for a few before it

The question is will you be supporting Pool or Dundee 😉

Returning Blackpool manager Simon Grayson will have a good opportunity to assess his squad in action this evening, as the Seasiders face Dundee in a pre-season friendly.

The match, at Dens Park, will be the team's first run out ahead of the new campaign, while the hosts play their final pre-season fixture ahead of the competitive stuff getting underway in the Scottish League Cup on Saturday.

The plan from a Blackpool perspective is to get a good half of football under the players' belts and build the minutes up as the fixtures progress.

“We’ll have two teams of 45 minutes and Ian Dawes will probably pick the teams, which is fair on him because he knows more about the players," Simon Grayson said.

“It’ll be one for me to watch and analyse them, but we had a 11 v 11 game on Monday morning so I’m getting to know the players.

“Tonight I’ll be in more of a viewing position before the upcoming pre-season games over the next few weeks."

For those Blackpool fans attending the game, the match will offer the first opportunity to see summer signings Ryan Edwards, Sullay Kaikai, Jamie Devitt, Ben Tollitt and Adi Yussuf in action.

https://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/news/2019/july/pre-season-dundee-preview/

Defence is a bit weird. Is that Feeney at right back and Nottingham left back with Shaw in the middle?

We've come a long way since 'trialist' and his many siblings played for us.

seasider wrote:

Good to see the club having some sense of humour something we missed for so long
We not winning yet? Oyston out.
Doesn't sound like there is much going on. Scrafton thinks Feeney is the stand out player so far despite playing right back.

GRAYSON OUT

1-0 Dundee (and it's one to forget for Christoffer Mafoumbi)

seasider wrote:

1-0 Dundee (and it's one to forget for Christoffer Mafoumbi)

Call me harsh, but that lad needs fucking off.
Harsh.

HT: 1-0

The hosts lead at the interval courtesy of Andrew Nelson's late effort.

Up to that point Pool had been the better side and had appeared the more threatening.

Hero wrote:Call me harsh, but that lad needs fucking off.
Seems an alright backup. Didn't do much wrong did he when Howard was injured? Think there was one mistake but can't remember it.
Dear Mr Sadller...

Blackpool will line-up as follows in the second-half: 

Mafoumbi, Turton, Edwards, Anderton, Bola, Guy, Virtue, Pritchard, Tollitt, Ceesay, Yussuf

Thought Ceesay left a long time ago.
He came back for a while, boasted about being a Scab then fucked off again when he got a bit of stick. Soft cunt.

Attendance: 2,405 (140 Blackpool)

80 - Frustrating

The Seasiders are doing well up until the final third, which is where their lack of quality is letting them down.

Pool have had the majority of the chances tonight but it's been a similar tale to last season, when their wastefulness in front of goal was the main issue.

FT 1-0 Dundee

I know your not to take too much from these games but we all do don’t we?
Leesthedaddy wrote:I know your not to take too much from these games but we all do don’t we?

Yeah relegation.

😉