Hello! You may have seen on Seaside Lee's latest video that I am launching a new Blackpool fanzine called 'Now That's What I Call Progress' in time for the first game of the season on 3rd August.

I would love to hear your stories about what you have found to do with your time over the last five years during the boycott.  I'll start you off with my story, which you can find at the link below. If you would like YOUR story printed in Issue 1 of the new fanzine, drop me an email at jane@janestuart.co.uk.  I'd love to hear from you.

The Day The Writing Died

Thank you for posting Jane. Will give it a read tomorrow. 

She writes well. Very enjoyable...not quite as good as her controversial essay about having gravy on your fish and chips.😀

It's mandatory to gave gravy on your fish and chips isn't?

What an honest heartfelt story. Your passion for BFC is evident so on a personal level, I'm glad you can write about the club again. 

Good luck with the Fanzine. Whether it's a success or not, at least you will be doing something you love. 

Cheers guys. 

I can’t really get over how inflamed people get about Gravygate. Gravy on fish and chips is just good. 

I wouldn't have chips without gravy from the chippy. Would be like going the match and only watching one half. 
Thanks for sharing

A wonderful moving read Jane.

Disgraceful what the Oystons did to fans and writers of our beloved football club. The owners of this website too! Just a total disgrace.

Glad you've got your mojo back it was a pleasure to interview you I wish you every success with the fanzine

Seaside_Lee(II) wrote:The owners of this website too!

Maybe I'll give her that story... 😊

I think you should. 

It would be a good plug too. 

Absolutely you should. We are moving forward in ways we could never have imagined but we must never forget what happened to the likes of you guys

Aw thank you so much Lee. Glad you enjoyed the read. 

Please do let me have your stories. It is important that our stories are documented. Things disappear off the internet. The printed word can last for generations. I’ve lost count of the number of people who have told me they’ve still got copies of the fanzine from the 90s. 

Verygood read. Gravy on fish is just wrong. Wife loves gravy n curry sauce on her chips. Proper northern lass. Lived way to long darn sarf I prefer pie n liquor....😁

Nick. I've just looked that up and I'm APPALLED! Parsley sauce on a pie??? What's that all about??? 🤢

Jane, did you travel to away matches on the train? Circa 07/08/09?? If memory serves me right you where always in a small group of about 4/5.

Hero - Yep. Usually did away matches on the train with whoever was going my way (BASIL mainly). 
BlackpoolJane wrote:Hero - Yep. Usually did away matches on the train with whoever was going my way (BASIL mainly). 
I recognised you from away games. I had a badgers at your Facebook, it’s linked to your fanzine.
Hero wrote:I recognised you from away games. I had a badgers at your Facebook, it’s linked to your fanzine.
Stalker alert!!! Alert
tangerinejezza wrote:Stalker alert!!! Alert
Spying is fucking ace.