On the possibility of Charlie Adam returning: “Who knows? Charlie was a fantastic player for this football club who played a big part in the Premier League days. But as you will probably find over the next few weeks, months, years, I keep a lot of transfers close to my chest.”

Would be so good signing Charlie Adam. Exactly what we need in the middle of the park. Could be the difference in winning promotion or not. Just can't Simon Sadler pushing the boat out to sign him. I doubt we even have the resources to compete with Championship clubs who must be interested, surely.
seasider wrote:I doubt we even have the resources to compete with Championship clubs who must be interested, surely.
We must have, he wants us in the Championship ASAP.
The club have publicly said they’re interested in signing CA.
Well Grayson didn't deny it; that's all.
Unfortunately, above all, money talks in football, but I really hope it happens. 
My only hope is that SS wants to make a statement signing and is willing to break the budget. That's even before knowing if Charlie wants to even come or not. 
We need the next Charlie Adam not the last. 
tangerinejezza wrote:We need the next Charlie Adam not the last. 
If we get CA I’ll be backing us to get promoted. He would be a massive signing, one of the biggest in the clubs history.
I enjoyed this post. It was a pleasure to read. 8/10
I’m inclined to agree.  As a club we can afford unknown quantities as we did back then.  Just need that little bit of luck. 
Hero wrote:If we get CA I’ll be backing us to get promoted. He would be a massive signing, one of the biggest in the clubs history.

Stanley Matthews was the biggest signing in the clubs history. We paid £11,500 for him. .....and Don't forget Alan Ball - he cost us nothing.

Sir Stanley wrote:

Stanley Matthews was the biggest signing in the clubs history. We paid £11,500 for him. .....and Don't forget Alan Ball - he cost us nothing.

But we were a massive club back then 
Would defo make a difference and send a clear message that bfc is back and means business.
I’m really hoping we get this one over the line. 
Lots of chanting towards Charlie Adam tonight. Is it a good sign he was there tonight or are Blackpool fans building up something that just isn't realistic. We could do with him that's for sure.

Looking on Twitter it seems a done deal??

Hope it’s true. 

Leesthedaddy wrote:

Looking on Twitter it seems a done deal??

Hope it’s true. 

Link?
seasider wrote:Link?

Hardly conformation, but a rumour.
Not sure bleating about it on Twitter is doing us any favours. 

Why would BFC respond to fan speculation...

Not sure how accurate or true any of it is but it does look convincing. 

Saw this on Twitter. Charlie Adam when older:

From Twitter: #Rovers defeated @thesilkmen in a behind closed doors friendly at the Academy earlier today. After trailing 1-0 at half-time, a brace from Charlie Adam (47, 56) and a superb strike from Joe Nuttall (73) secured a 3-1 victory.

Don't want Charlie back personally. I make no apologies if it offends. The club is signing some good young players. WTF do we need him for?

How many of these young kids have real quality? My worry would be whether or not Spearing and Adam have the legs to play together but Charlie Adam would be first name on team sheet for me.
Spearing is more than good enough in my opinion.