Seen this?

Britain's top 10 'crap towns' revealed - does your area make the list?

The poll from ilivehere.co.uk claims these are the UK's least inspiring towns and cities - and some locals aren't holding back. This first was publicized in February in the Daily Mirror - https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/britains-top-10-crap-towns-14031127 - but with the holiday period upon us I thought it a good moment to recuperate!

Here a resume:

1 - Peterborough

2 - Huddersfield

3 - Rochdale

4 - Doncaster

5 - Hull

6 - Rotherham

7 - Blackpool 

8 - Castleford 

9 - Oldham

10 - Blackburn 

Personally I don’t know every place, but most of these, and I wouldn’t have placed Blackpool or Peterborough in there. I was half expecting Reading or Slough from Berkshire to peep in.

Which ones would you have kept, and which others would you have introduced?! 

All those multi-millionaires living in Rochdale must be wondering where they went wrong.

Hellfire, can't understand why Wolverhampton didn't make that list, best thing about it is Fred's and the two guitar shops.

Strangely enough I look forward to the Peterborough fixture , very pleasant down by the river and certainly not Blackpool even though it is not quite like it was 50 odd years ago.

My list would include Margate, Luton and most if not all of the London EAST post codes, Leyton, Walthamstow, Plaistow, East Ham etc.

Luton, Dunstable, Bradford, Sunderland, Middlesbrough,  Milton Keynes, Dover, Hastings...

Is the author Southern by any chance?

Got no problem with Blackpool being on there but the likes of Slough and Luton are noticably absent.

First time I've ever seen Peterborough on a shit towns list.
Top three for me would be Luton, Blackpool and Middlesbrough.
Blackpool has a lot of shit but unlike some of the other towns mentions, it also has a lot of good. Parts of the sea front is nice. 
seasider wrote:Blackpool has a lot of shit but unlike some of the other towns mentions, it also has a lot of good. Parts of the sea front is nice. 
yep, totally agreed, have always thoroughly enjoyed 2/3 day stop-offs en route to Scotland .... 
The problem is the shit far outweighs the good. The new development on the old central station site will help if it ever happens.

Burnley 

Merthyr Tydfil 

Workington

Barrow 

Grimsby 

I could go on 

I'm in Hastings right now - what a dump. Homeless everywhere and the rest are really scruffy. Blackpool is vastly superior.
Luton should be bulldozed.
Sir Stanley wrote:Luton should be bulldozed.
You could say the same about Blackpool. If you go the back route into town, it's such a depressing drive seeing the streets and the boarded up buildings. Just needs investment which will have a snowball affect on properties but that's years and years away. 
seasider wrote:You could say the same about Blackpool. If you go the back route into town, it's such a depressing drive seeing the streets and the boarded up buildings. Just needs investment which will have a snowball affect on properties but that's years and years away. 
Liverpool is the same, but I bet that's nowhere near the list.

Yep that is a grim drive towards the City Centre. Remember it well when working at the Marriott in the City Centre. Once you're in the centre though it's very nice. Not sure the same can be said about Blackpool.