As a kid, this was a very popular game. You didn't notice it at the time but all the characters were white.

I have just bought it my 4 year old child and it now has all different characters from different ethnic backgrounds which is right but it raises the question whether you could or should use skin colour as a way of narrowing down your choice?

Is your skin colour black?

Does yours wear a turban?

Are these acceptable questions playing with a kid?
seasider wrote:

As a kid, this was a very popular game. You didn't notice it at the time but all the characters were white.

I have just bought it my 4 year old child and it now has all different characters from different ethnic backgrounds which is right but it raises the question whether you could or should use skin colour as a way of narrowing down your choice?

Is your skin colour black?

Does yours wear a turban?

Are these acceptable questions playing with a kid?
A child should be educated enough to know that skin colour is a way in which to describe a persons appearance, not their personality or the qualities they hold.

911 : What's your emergency?

Caller: Someone just stole my purse

911: Are they black, white or Mexican?

Hero wrote:A child should be educated enough to know that skin colour is a way in which to describe a persons appearance, not their personality or the qualities they hold.
So asking my 4 year old Son is yours white, brown or black perfectly acceptable as part of the game?
seasider wrote:So asking my 4 year old Son is yours white, brown or black perfectly acceptable as part of the game?
Does yours prefer a Sunday roast, jerk chicken or a curry? 😎
seasider wrote:So asking my 4 year old Son is yours white, brown or black perfectly acceptable as part of the game?
Depends on their upbringing.
Is yours White,Brown,Black,Male,Female,Gay,Lesbian,Bi, Or from Preston 
Of course it's fine.

Forward another 20 years,,,

What if the character in question hasn’t decided there gender yet? I know it’s only a cartoon sticker, but, if that character looked like a kid from school who feels they are actually a female although at birth they was deemed a male, then they could be offended about the fact that they are not actually offended but potentially could have been???

Guess Who could be banned.