The Ashes starts kicks off today, 11am at Edgbaston. Seasider will be giving a ball by ball commentary right here.

What are your predictions? Will we continue an 18 year unbeaten at home ashes run, or was the poor show against Ireland an ominous portent of what's to come?

Series tied at 0-0 because it fucking rains all August.
Have a bad feeling that Australia will win the series. I am only saying that because of our performance against Ireland. Having said that, there is no doubt Australia will bring the best out of England.

Warner should have been out first ball.

TheSteed wrote:

Warner should have been out first ball.

Should have reviewed that rather than the last one.
Magic147 wrote:Should have reviewed that rather than the last one.

Gone now anyway.

Cheat.
Bancroft gone as well, 2 cheats out early, good times.
All out today. Fact.
TheSteed wrote:All out today. Fact.
Still fact.

Not been watching it as busy at work. I do apologise for not giving ball by ball commentary!

122-8. Incredible score and big chance for England if bat well.
Australia really don’t like Edgbaston do they 🤣🤣
Was sure they would be all out by the time I got home.
Good comeback to be fair
Didn't realise Australia made 284 in the end! Anyone's game again.
seasider wrote:Didn't realise Australia made 284 in the end! Anyone's game again.
Eh? They were 150-8 or something when I left home earlier, what the fuck happened, that Smith cunt?
Yeah he got 148. Who says cheats don't prosper...
seasider wrote:Yeah he got 148. Who says cheats don't prosper...
Fucking twitchy bellend.
We've lost a wicket already.
Root just been bowled out but the bails stayed on...
55-1. Not a bad start. It's certainly no one day Cricket! You have to have patience for this!
Magic147 wrote:Root just been bowled out but the bails stayed on...
So he wasn’t bowled out then.
TheSteed wrote:So he wasn’t bowled out then.

As I was typing that I thought, "Steed will be along soon with his pedantic bullshit - so he wasn't bowled out then blah blah blah!!"

And BOOM. 😎

Root out but review clearly shows not out. England fans chant 'Same old Ausies, always cheating'.
Not exactly ball by ball commentary there, but probably equal to your efforts in general.
Fucking hell, last season I spoke to myself in match day threads. I don't want to do it again here!
England in a strong position and Burns has been very impressive. Focused and determined. Could be some fun and games in these excellent batting conditions if Stokesy and Bairstow  get in this afternoon. No sixes today so far but with this baldy ball could turn into a slug fest later on. Hope so.
Magic147 wrote:

As I was typing that I thought, "Steed will be along soon with his pedantic bullshit - so he wasn't bowled out then blah blah blah!!"

And BOOM. 😎

Nothing pedantic in highlighting your limited cricket knowledge.
Bit of a collapse. Even game now

Painful watching this.

Root has come up with absolutely fuck all!

I’d just put four slips in and bowl at the outside of off stump to Smith.