Having experienced it myself last season from a rather unpleasant aggressive steward, and reading of someone reporting it happening to them this season, I contacted the SLO about using mobiles. EFL ground regulations state that it is acceptable to record or take photos for personal use, but not to publish.

Stewards threatening to throw you out for filming or taking photos are WRONG.

Response from SLO:

"I have brought this to the board's attention. No problem with mobile phones for personal use - stewards to receive updated briefing and should act consistently in future."

(I am keeping this handy on my phone in case of future reference.)

Lee, what you going to do now?

What about 'real' cameras, are they allowed?

No. Accordign to the EFL regulations...

Save as set out in paragraph 16  (mobile phones allowed for personal use only), no person (other than a person who holds
 an appropriate licence) may capture, log, record, transmit, play, issue, show or otherwise communicate (by digital or other means) any Material in relation to the Match, any players or other persons present in the Ground and/or the Ground, nor may they bring into the Ground or use within the Ground (or provide to, facilitate or otherwise assist another person to use within the Ground) any equipment or technology which is capable of capturing, logging, recording, transmitting, playing, issuing, showing or otherwise communicating (by digital or other means) any such Material. The Club reserves the right to eject you from the Ground in circumstances where you breach this paragraph 19.

This is paragraph 16:

16 Mobile telephones and other mobile devices are permitted within the Ground
 PROVIDED THAT (i) they are used for personal and private use only (which, for the avoidance of doubt and by way of example only, shall not include the capturing, logging, recording, transmitting, playing, issuing, showing, or any other communication of any Material for any commercial purposes); and (ii) no Material that is captured, logged, recorded, transmitted, played, issued, shown or otherwise communicated by a mobile telephone or other mobile device may be published or otherwise made available to any third parties including, without limitation, via social networking sites. 

Leesthedaddy wrote:Lee, what you going to do now?

Beat me to it 😀

I only take pictures of the crowd for the BHS Twitter account so I think am I ok!

Ramos (vlogger) films the match action so he will do well to continue that.

I read para 16 as taking photographs or videos are permissible if they are not used for commercial purposes or made available to a third party. If I am correct, can somebody please explain the difference between taking a photo or video with a mobile phone and using a camera to do the same thing, potential reproduction quality withstanding.

There's no difference at all in reality. I guess what they're effectively saying is if you bring a mobile device in that can record or take photos, then as long as you don't share them, that's fine, but you can't bring in something specifically to take photos or videos. What constitutes sharing is another matter - can you show someone it on your phone? It's all garbage, the league can't control it and they know it.

The key point in all of this is that stewards can not tell you to stop using your phone, as they have done recently. 

It is just the logic they use that get's under my skin Tangerine, you are more likely to share via mobile than camera.

EagleDay wrote:

It is just the logic they use that get's under my skin Tangerine, you are more likely to share via mobile than camera.

Correct and instantly. I saw the recent penalty from a phone vid less than 5 minutes after it was taken.