Pre-match

- I know tickets sales for this game are very slow, well under 5,000 tickets sold so far, Blackpool will come here full of confidence after Saturdays win, think they should bring at least 700 to boost the gate, not a easy game for us at all.

- not good ticket sales so far. I expect we will sell about 5,500. Not sure that Blackpool will bring 700 even thought they had well over 10,000 home fans yesterday. 

- Not expecting much from this game. Blackpool are a team who will be upper mid-table, or chasing the play-offs come May time. They’ve got off to a decent start, and won’t fear coming to our place. Am I also right in thinking that our head-to-head results over the last couple of decades haven’t particularly gone our way?

- I see Gnanduillet or whatever his name is scored sat, doesn't he normally score against us?!!

- I think it will be a tough game can see blackpool in the play offs cant see them bringing more than 500 probably less .I will be happy with a draw

- 40 mph winds expected for Saturday afternoon, so don't expect the slick tippy tappy passing game and slide rule accuracy that we are used to at RH. You might see an uncharacteristic odd hoof up the pitch!

- just to warn any long distance blues fans coming to blackpool game dartford crossing is warning people bridge could close at weekend due to forecast very high winds.

- If we play the same central midfield against Blackpool as started v Coventry, we'll be beaten.

- Ticket stats say we've sold 5458 home seats so far. Even allowing for the minor inaccuracy of the figure there should be a 6k plus gate to witness the answers to your questions Massimo.

- Wind speeds of 60mph forecast for Saturday afternoon. Any possibility of a postponement?

- There will be over 7k I would have thought.

- That figure will be around 6k by tomorrow pm and doesn't include complimentary and hospitality. It also doesn't include away fans. I should imagine about 500+ from Blackpool. Quite a good few still pay on the day too

- The only statistic that matters is that we are going to smash these two bob mugs.

- Blackpool are the kind of team we should be beating if we have European ambitions.

That wind is getting worse by the minute...
Magic147 wrote:That wind is getting worse by the minute...
That’ll teach you about eating curry. 👍
Oooh I could just eat a curry. 

Best comment ....

so don't expect the slick tippy tappy passing game and slide rule accuracy that we are used to at RH. You might see an uncharacteristic odd hoof up the pitch!

Our lads training on Squires Gate will know what a bit of wind feels like.

One ground I’ve never been to, so can’t say how sheltered it will be come Saturday. 

Can anyone see Larry making any changes or sticking with same team and formation?

Can’t see it Seasider.  Off the back of a win and so early on- he’ll probably stick with the same squad.  

Shape wise, who knows.  Would Bushiri start or still better off the bench for now? 

All depends on how the games going. 

Same team. 

I'm liking that they see us as promotion candidates. Sounds like it's going to be pretty windy down there tomorrow.

If we play as well or better than Saturday then this could be the perfect start😁👍

Graves wrote:

Our lads training on Squires Gate will know what a bit of wind feels like.

One ground I’ve never been to, so can’t say how sheltered it will be come Saturday. 

Wind is looking like it will be blowing into East and North (away) stands. All the roofs leak anyway so everyone gets wet 😀

GynnSquarePhoenix wrote:

Best comment ....

so don't expect the slick tippy tappy passing game and slide rule accuracy that we are used to at RH. You might see an uncharacteristic odd hoof up the pitch!

I would love to know who that was. I think he has the quote around the wrong way LOL
When I quoted that, I assumed he was being sarcastic! But yeah, when it was windy, as kids we were told to keep the ball on the ground! Funny nevertheless. 
seasider wrote:When I quoted that, I assumed he was being sarcastic! But yeah, when it was windy, as kids we were told to keep the ball on the ground! Funny nevertheless. 
If you watched us last season, hoof ball seemed to be our favourite tactic. It was the single most frustrating thing ever.

Post Match

- Ridgewell was dire, Oxley is a calamity at times and Blackpool are one of the dirtiest sides going! That tackle on Elvis looked like an attempted murder. Blackpool’s idiotic fans booing Elvis everytime he got the ball afterwards calling him a cheat! Their 21 was a **** and got away with murder probably wise he got subbed off.

- A cowards tackle on Elvis. No need for that other than you’re trying to hurt him. The ball was going off the pitch

- First half was the worst performance I’ve seen at Roots Hall, second half was a completely different game. Two good second half performances against two very good sides. Just got to give Bond and the boys time.

- Blackpool play a really beat tidy short passing game and win corners and free kicks and then the giants take over - and 3-0.

- That was really disappointing .I know condition was bad I know blackpool strong and physical

- Extremely worrying performances from a few individuals and our management today. I'll post some ratings and pointers later but I'm genuinely concerned with Bond after today

- This is a tough league, I personally feel that we will do well to survive this season. I hope we do, I am getting a little too long in the tooth for relegation battles. COYBB

- How bad was that ....15 minutes and we're back to last season .Totally outplayed and out muscled by a physical side..No shots on target first 45 .

- Bond seems to be a coach who likes to keep possession of the ball and pass your way through teams. Today we had 63% possession against 37% for Blackpool. The visitors played it simple and with pace up front fully deserved their win.

- Blackpool were a well organised, aggressive team. Several of their first half challenges were clearly intended to hurt rather than win the ball (a bit like Ralph’s yellow card challenge) but the ref saw nothing wrong with theirs which probably gave Husband the confidence to try and put Elvis out of the game. Blackpool also targeted Oxley’s lack of confidence in going for balls in the air to great effect.

- Blackpool didn't tear us apart, every goal involved a **** up by one of our players in the goal itself or the build up.
Bond will have learnt from today

- The officials were all pretty inept. The ref started off early on allowing Blackpool to get away with things like two footed challenges and play acting and time-wasting and it continued throughout the game. The challenge on Elvis was a shocker, and a clear red card....yet the lino can clearly be seen in the video evidence of it just signalling a throw!

- Officials - poor as. Blackpool were dirty ****ers and could easily have had two others sent off. The ref was particularly poor.

- Blackpool completely comfortable, neat on the ball, good pressing and physical when they needed to be, wouldn't be surprised to see them top 6 come the end of the season.

Strange mix of comments there. Some complimented 'pool and others slated 'em. Which ones are the most accurate?

To be fair, 99% of the posts were slating their own team. Only selected the ones that involve us. 
It could have ended 5 or 6 nil had Husband not been sent off.
I noticed their player Elvis was cute enough to roll around in fake agony until he was sure that Husband had been sent off,then sprung up to his feet like a thoroughbred whippet. I think that was what we were booing him for.
BigSteveHetzke wrote:I noticed their player Elvis was cute enough to roll around in fake agony until he was sure that Husband had been sent off,then sprung up to his feet like a thoroughbred whippet. I think that was what we were booing him for.

It happens from the very Top right down to Grass Roots.  

It’s embarrassing. 

I in no way follow Rugby bit it’s a sharp contrast isn’t it?

To be fair though, it was a cunt of a tackle. 

0-3, no need. 

Right, let’s nip this in the bud. Can anyone tell me why the tackle was a bad one? I personally thought it was fantastic.

Powerful✅

Controlled✅

Onefooted✅

Took ball first✅

Contact with opposition✅

Proper northern challenge✅

Hero, I agree. But not allowed these days. Home crowd did get him sent off.

Right, let’s nip this in the bud. Can anyone tell me why the tackle was a bad one? I personally thought it was fantastic. 

Powerful✅ 

Controlled✅ 

Onefooted✅ 

Took ball first✅ 

Contact with opposition✅ 

Proper northern challenge✅

Looking at the tackle on a large picture you can see what seems to happen. The tackle itself was fine but Husband then appears to lift his leg deliberately to take out Bwomono. If he'd have kept his leg down....no problem.

Certainly not the murder it's being made out to be, but it this age of soft cunts, not a shock. 

Just shows that even when holding a comfortable lead our our lads were still up for it.

Certainly not the murder it's being made out to be, but it this age of soft cunts, not a shock.  

Just shows that even when holding a comfortable lead our our lads were still up for it.

Agreed, I certainly didn't see it as a two-footed tackle. Looks far worse than what it was.

Did Husband even touch the ball? I have only seen the twitter GIF, but it looks like he goes right through the back of the Southend players legs.  Is there a video somewhere online where I can watch it in full screen?

I think the optics of it look bad.  The player was contained in the corner. Rushing in like that makes it look reckless, especially when the player moves to shield the ball as Husband came rushing in. 

I got the same impression with the GIF.

It’s now being referred to as ‘the tackle heard round the world’.  CNN and Al-Jazeera have reported on it. 

I enjoyed Seanmaccas interpretation:

‘Pure shithousery’.

The cunt deserved to be sent off just for the unnecessariness of it. How anyone can defend that tackle is beyond me.