I must be missing something when I see the Volkswagen Golf is Electric ad, does it really upset people?https://metro.co.uk/2019/08/14/first-adverts-banned-under-new-gender-stereotype-rules-10562595/

Yeah, I don't get that one either. There is a woman climbing El Capitan in the advert so how can they say it enforces the stereotype that only men do that kind of thing just because there is also a woman with a pram in the advert?

Getting sick of this "that offends me" culture. I'm glad I'm in my 'autumn years'. We won't be able to laugh at anything in 20-30yrs time. Cause harm......my arse!

The worlds going to shit!!
EagleDay wrote:

Getting sick of this "that offends me" culture. I'm glad I'm in my 'autumn years'. We won't be able to laugh at anything in 20-30yrs time. Cause harm......my arse!

I get why they are doing it, and agree with it, just not in that one case.
Bentent wrote:The worlds going to shit!!
Political correctness gone mad!!!

Apparently, showing a woman with a baby is "harmful stereotyping". What a load of utter claptrap................mind you, some people will let themselves be brainwashed by this nonsense. Come back Bernard Manning!

Practically every advert now has a mixed race family in it. Nothing wrong with that, but it now seems it’s the only way to show family life. 

Careful Jezza, some people might be "offended" by that comment.

My question is;

If the woman isn’t pushing the pram who is? 

I’m quite confident they don’t do a self drive system for the nippers now.