A lot of noise has been around Tilt’s contract and rightly so as he’s our biggest asset. However, I’ve been looking at the other players whose deals run out at the end of the season and it makes for a concerning read. That said, now we’re Oyston free, even if we’re still in League One next year I back us to keep whoever we want.

Who do you think is at biggest risk of leaving?

There are some which have an option attached so I haven’t included these below. I’ve ordered them in my preference for who I want to sign a new deal.

Tilt

Gnandulliet

Spearing 

Turton

Howard

Anderton

Mafoumbi

Thanks to the previous regime, our squad is still prone to large changes year-on-year and that will take a few years to stabilise given the majority of the squad are on crap contracts.

Pritchard and Anderton will be released I would imagine. 

You are right it will take a couple of seasons before the contract situation is sorted because of previous regime. 

The priority is getting Tilt signed up. Now sure why that is taking so long. 

Theyll all be queueing up to join when we get automatic promotion 👍
Tilt is a great player and would be a big loss but no-one is irreplaceable.  I don't like the constant speculation about his future.  Most of the squad are committed to the club through long-term (for us) contracts. It would be great for Tilt to commit asap before the closure of the transfer window.  I don't like to think he's always got one eye on the door. 
Rangers looked at Tilt last season and decided to go elsewhere but I think he knows he’s using Pool as a stepping stone but we will get another season out of him then he will be off in the summer. Hopefully not in January when we are pushing for promotion 
It's certainly not affecting his performances. He has made a great start to the season. 

With Ben Mansford now having started his role, Simon Grayson said player contracts “will take care of itself” - given 3 of the starting 11 from the weekend are out of contract in the summer (and 3 more on loan) - I’m hopeful that there will be some positive news this side of Christmas. 

What do people think? Would we like to sign Alnwick Heneghan and Husband personally and which of the out-of-contract players should we renew?

blackpool ger wrote:Rangers looked at Tilt last season and decided to go elsewhere but I think he knows he’s using Pool as a stepping stone but we will get another season out of him then he will be off in the summer. Hopefully not in January when we are pushing for promotion 
Tilt wouldn’t have took a backward step and gone to the Huns😂
Tangerinewizards wrote:

With Ben Mansford now having started his role, Simon Grayson said player contracts “will take care of itself” - given 3 of the starting 11 from the weekend are out of contract in the summer (and 3 more on loan) - I’m hopeful that there will be some positive news this side of Christmas. 

What do people think? Would we like to sign Alnwick Heneghan and Husband personally and which of the out-of-contract players should we renew?

I think signing Heneghan is a must but I am sure Sheff Utd are hearing about his performances. He has just got player of the month. I would consider letting Tilt go but only if we can get decent money for him and can get a permanent replacement. No more loans. Would consider signing Alnwick. Husband not so sure as MacDonald has the potential to be the first team player.

Gnanduillet we need to keep and Spearing is a funny one. Might be best letting him go at the end of the season but I am sure there are plenty of people who will think he is worth another year.