Do you look at it as 1 defeat in 7 or no wins in 4? Do you stick with the tactics that have worked to a degree or is it time for a change?

I personally would like to see a change of formation. I am struggling with it. Feeney at right back isn't natural and the defence seem to get in the way of each other. Turton seems to play centre back on the basis there is nowhere else to play. More importantly, we just don't have enough bodies in midfield and teams dominate as per Oxford and Coventry. I really do think we need to stop this ridiculous 'fluid' formation and get an extra body in the middle. 

I only saw the last half hour or so but at a loss as to what the tactics were exactly, perhaps you could explain in simple English

From what I saw I thought Coventry looked the most composed side and Blackpool looked somewhat erratic.

You have 3 centre backs and then wing backs. Spearing is the holding the midfielder and the rest are meant to be pretty fluid. Today it was slightly more defensive as Guy replaced Thompson so they both sat. 

My team would be:

-------------------Alnwick--------------------

Turton---Heneghan---Tilt---MacDonald

-------------Spearing----Thompson-------

Feeney----------Kaikai-------Delfouneso

------------------Gnanduillet---------------

The above isn't perfect as Delfouneso isn't a really a winger and Gnanduillet is probably too static for a lone striker but it's the best I can come up with. 

Saw this on Twitter and relevant to this thread. 

As for "what now?" how about a reality check after all thats's happened in recent months? 

We might have got our club back,  but there's a hell of a way to go if we want to see success on the field. 

Our pre-season anticipation has been tempered by spurious signings (remember all the excitement when we snapped up this unproven youngsters from Blackburn, Rangers and Solihull!!!) an inability to dominate possession (look at the stats in league games so far) and realisation that there are better squads, teams and managers in the division.

Still think we'll do well to consolidate and stay up. 

Genuine question! 

What is everyone expecting? 

We’ve pretty much had to start from scratch due to that wank family. Simon Sadler said this rebuild will take time and he’s hoping for promotion in two to three years. 

A miracle would see us promoted this season and we would struggle next. 

tangerinejezza wrote:

Genuine question! 

What is everyone expecting? 

We’ve pretty much had to start from scratch due to that wank family. Simon Sadler said this rebuild will take time and he’s hoping for promotion in two to three years. 

A miracle would see us promoted this season and we would struggle next. 

Still think we have some good players and with a little tinkering, we could perform better. We got battered against against Oxford so really it should be zero wins in 5. Surely that's at a point where Grayson may consider changing things?

Doesn't something this look so much better? Grayson said the plan was to have 5 at the back and pick them off. I understand it but it's very defensive. 

----------------Alnwick--------------------

Turton---Heneghan---Tilt---MacDonald

-------------Spearing----Virtue------------

Feeney----------Thompson---------Kaikai

------------------Gnanduillet---------------

I'm not sure on the players yet. Husband could start, Guy might be better than Virtue and Nuttall should be our main striker given the transfer fee.

Whatever the formation, midfield is where we are losing it. Far too weak.