- Big mob of Blackpool,heading towards the rooster post match. Police seemed to have lose control at times. Several full scale fights going on!

- Bunch of c**t fans anyway and hope their new owners turn out to be just as bad as the last lot. I expect it from scum like Sunderland, but for somebody, like us, with bad owners to be singing about our 'shit' support and about having no home. Fuck em. Hope their new owners sue the fucking lot of em

- I was minding my own with a pint and about to pull two brummie slags to celebrate the win when the Blackpool lot ran in and started swinging. Thankfully I'm well equipped to deal with mobs like that so I dispatched about ten with ease and then I escaped with the two tarts via the cellar.

- Yes, I can remember Cov fans singing ‘we want Oystons out’ at their ground a few years ago. Shame they didn’t have some empathy, but it was probably a minority.

- Anybody got a login for their forum to go and let them know they’re classless scumbags. Years we’ve been going up there singing Oyston out and they come here and take the piss out of our support. Im glad they were robbed blind.

- Yep, Oystons taking money out of the club. Couldn’t happen to a nicer bunch.

- Yeah saw the fuckwits fighting too. Poor Cov fella got a right whack in chops. Old bill were useless, never saw anyone nicked. Horrible to see in front of young kids too.

- Short memories for the poor tangerines when they wanted sympathy .Wankers.

- ‘Classy’ and ‘Blackpool’ aren’t really words you use in the same sentence often.

- That's funny, on my last two trips to Blackpool there were no home fans, I'm mean, literally none. Ah, but poor you, lapped up the sympathy from the 'football family' then didn't we. Absolutely no class whatsoever. Then wade into ordinary fans walking from the ground trying to earn wanker points on Facebook.

- In the reverse fixture we should go up there, smash the place up and cause £1m in improvements.

- Embarrassing turnout 884

- Got rid of shitty owners, supposedly on the up and could go top today.?they get a grand total of 884 turn up. Jokers

- They’re a shitty tinpot northern club, what do you expect?

- Ironically, Blackpool have never said boo when they come to Coventry.. Funny they got all shirty when hardly any Coventry lads are present.

- 800 is really shit tbf, considering how easy it is to get to St.Andrews

- Blackpool and their mulleted 'game mob' turning up when Cov are playing in Birmingham, where almost everyone in attendance is wearing specs and a replica shirt, is one of the most tragic things I've ever seen at the football. So now, when we take 3K for the return fixture, loads of lads who were probably looking for nothing more than a weekend on the beer and an STD, now have a score to settle. Nice move.

- Our crowd today was higher than the average attendance at Blackpool in every season bar one (in 2003 they average an incredible 6900) between 1979 and 2006. Yes, that's right, we take more to another city than you historically muster up at home.

- Ahh Blackpool, famous for rock and paedophiles. And they only make the rock so they can get to the kids.

- Oystons? Worst thing they did was not sue more scummy blackpool fans!

- We have goals in us and we looked better than Blackpool who are tipped for promotion rivals. We had a changed side but our bench and squad in general looks strong. can't wait to see Allen, O'hare, kelly in the same side

- Walsh got better as the game went on and looks at his best when not trying the Hollywood stuff. Dominated Spearing who is a decent player at this level.

- Great stuff. Kept at it and were better side overall. Excellent result.

- Was there no 'solidarity' from the Blackpool fans now the Oystons have fucked off? They had a thousand or so down

- They tried to show solidarity by kicking off outside. Think it might have been symbolic because the ones I saw waited until there were several police between them and the bemused looking city supporters.

- It is what it is, spoke to a few before the game seemed sound and genuinely interested in our situation... The bellends seemed to be younger lads who had too many haribos

- Brilliant result against a really good side today. We were arguably without our two most consistent players in Kelly and Mason as well. Sounds like we have some good depth in the squad.

- However, the one thing that makes me question whether this is sustainable is our midfield. In the early stages it seemed like Blackpool could just walk through it. Not the first time this season I’ve thought that. If we’re aiming for the top 6 we’re going to have to aim for more of a presence and greater control in the middle.

- All game they were singing about us having 'no fans', having 'shit support' and that we've 'got no ground'. Laughable for a club who mustered a mere 800 today and have boycotted their own matches for years. There were near 6000 Coventry fans in another city today ffs!

- Yes it's all a bit ironic really, we are better supported than them in every aspect, silly chants tbh

- I was very shocked at the size of their players a big physical team they will finish high up the league

- Great result today though against a big, physical and direct Blackpool side.

Why oh why do football fans think fighting is cool? I despair. It's immature and pea-brained and has no place in society.

I'll get off my moral high ground now.

I was minding my own with a pint and about to pull two brummie slags to celebrate the win when the Blackpool lot ran in and started swinging. Thankfully I'm well equipped to deal with mobs like that so I dispatched about ten with ease and then I escaped with the two tarts via the cellar.

Has Hero got a half and half scalf that we don't know about?

Sir Stanley wrote:

Why oh why do football fans think fighting is cool? I despair. It's immature and pea-brained and has no place in society.

I'll get off my moral high ground now.

I am sure Coventry fans, who will travel in numbers, will look for revenge so putting innocent Blackpool fans at risk.

It's funny how we wanted sympathy during our troubled times but now we are 'sorted' it's ok to sing about the unfortunate position of other clubs. Obviously a minority but it doesn't show us in good light. Having said that, I wasn't there so Coventry fans could have been goaded us for all I know!
It will be the same dickheads that let of flares and invaded the pitch when we first went back at the end of last season.

Some of those comments are a bit harsh towards us. There were some of our idiot fans singing about having no ground, but some of our other fans were telling them to shut up. 

Coventry fans were definitely not innocent in all of this either though - so many teenage boys (the squeaky voice, 15 year old kind) that thought they were hooligans 🤔. Alongside a few St Andrews mob that are banned from Birmingham City games.

- I was minding my own with a pint and about to pull two brummie slags to celebrate the win when the Blackpool lot ran in and started swinging. Thankfully I'm well equipped to deal with mobs like that so I dispatched about ten with ease and then I escaped with the two tarts via the cellar. 

Just copied this then read the rest of this thread. Steed thought exactly the same as me. 😂

They must have their very own Hero. 👊

Leesthedaddy wrote:

Just copied this then read the rest of this thread. Steed thought exactly the same as me. 😂

They must have their very own Hero. 👊

He’s a cheap knock off with a dodgy as fuck accent!

You should all think of me as a sort of Lord Flashheart character from Blackadder, just far better looking.

- Yes, I can remember Cov fans singing ‘we want Oystons out’ at their ground a few years ago. Shame they didn’t have some empathy, but it was probably a minority. 

My lad came in later that night and started gobbin' off about what he called 'banter'. He got a right royal rollickin'. Didn't seem to understand the similarity in our situation when we got support from Coventry fans. Though he did say he got on with a few of them when he met 'em in a pub.

seasider wrote:

Obviously a minority but it doesn't show us in good light. Having said that, I wasn't there so Coventry fans could have been goaded us for all I know!

It is typically the minority in all situations like this.  Unfortunately, the people who step the furthest over the line are the ones who help define the perception of a group. I think we would do well to remember that the next time away supporters come in spouting off pro Oyston chants.