In five years time where do you think we will be playing.

I would like to see us having been in the Championship a few years now,  an established second tier club aiming for a  top six finish and a chance to go once again for a challenge in the Premier league.

Perhaps too ambitious, well if in the next couple of seasons we can drag ourselves  out of this division and cement a place in the Championship that would be something.

We have been here before, we can do it again.

Definitely the Championship, either this season or next. One can only hope for Premiership, but it's not out of the question.
Unfortunately the game has moved forward that much even in the past 5 years when we were fighting the scum. We will never be anymore than a championship side dabbling between mid table and relegation. The PL teams and some of the championship sides are that far in front of us we will never get caught up unless a billionaire comes in and wants to lose a couple hundred million because that’s how far these teams are in front and it all comes Down to the dosh. Yeah we have done it before but we all know we got lucky and its very unlikely that will ever happen again.

would love to see you all alongside my beloved Royals! 

that's if we stay in second tier 😊

I think Ger is probably bang on. The rich clubs are getting richer and consequently the top two divisions will drift further away from the smaller clubs. Given our fanbase and spend power, getting to the Championship will be a big achievement.

Hope I'm wrong but I still think we will be a League One club.
seasider wrote:

I think Ger is probably bang on. The rich clubs are getting richer and consequently the top two divisions will drift further away from the smaller clubs. Given our fanbase and spend power, getting to the Championship will be a big achievement.

Hope I'm wrong but I still think we will be a League One club.
There are a few championship teams hugely overspending. What happened to Bury could be just the start.  In my opinion we’ll get back up to the championship and probably be sat in the mid table region. Maybe getting the odd dabble in the playoffs and also the odd trip into a relegation scrap. With both results keeping us in the championship. 
tangerinejezza wrote:There are a few championship teams hugely overspending. What happened to Bury could be just the start.  In my opinion we’ll get back up to the championship and probably be sat in the mid table region. Maybe getting the odd dabble in the playoffs and also the odd trip into a relegation scrap. With both results keeping us in the championship. 

Dunno... sounds optimistic! Need to sack off 5-3-2 and then I might change my mind 😉