There will be some but in general are managers or players successful in their second time round at a club? Maybe getting Larry back in was a mistake and maybe we should have went for a good young up and coming manager that would take us forward and willing to try new things . I think Larry is to set in his ways and the way he sets his sides up. Maybe we have taken a step back in the playing side of things. 

Mourinho  at Chelsea , Howe at Bournemouth are a couple who have been as good at better second time, but generally I think most second time managers fail to deliver. Not since the great Allan Brown have we had a manager back, and I wasn’t in favour of SG coming back. But it’s still early days yet. I don’t think we’ll get relegated, and anyone expecting promotion this season needs a head wobble. The damage done by Owen and Karl can’t be repaired over a summer. 

tangerinejezza wrote:

Mourinho  at Chelsea , Howe at Bournemouth are a couple who have been as good at better second time, but generally I think most second time managers fail to deliver. Not since the great Allan Brown have we had a manager back, and I wasn’t in favour of SG coming back. But it’s still early days yet. I don’t think we’ll get relegated, and anyone expecting promotion this season needs a head wobble. The damage done by Owen and Karl can’t be repaired over a summer. 

Agree, but it’s football & we all love to dream away. I suppose it’s part of why we love it so much. 
People calling from Grayson's head are off their head. Let's give him a chance to address the problems. If he can't, then we can question his position. It all comes down to expectations again. Finishing 10th last season has no doubt increasing the expectations this season. I think fans are expecting a play off challenge and I bet Larry is deep down.