Is there any success of an upward surge in a decade bigger than that of Bournemouth? I'm no fan of theirs, but seeing this chart IS amazing reading ...

7e0e9c331659e00f5e63edd21cc7ff5e.jpg

For a small seaside club they have done very well, soon to be repeated by another seaside town.
I can well remember the nineties when weplayed both Bournemouth and Brighton.On a regular league basis. Eddie Howe does brilliant with what he has.
Always remember Eddie Howe swapping then Championship Burnley for a return to league 1 Bournemouth and thinking what a strange career move. Little did I know the level of investment in the club  that was tempting him back.
Only we had a chairman with half their ambition. They were signing the likes of Defoe and Jordan Ibe in their first season whilst we were signing James Beattie and Marlon Harewood.
seasider wrote:Only we had a chairman with half their ambition. They were signing the likes of Defoe and Jordan Ibe in their first season whilst we were signing James Beattie and Marlon Harewood.
They also signed, on loan, Defo when he was about 18/19. I think k he equalled Stanly Mathews record of scoring in 13 consecutive games or something??
We will never know but it would be interesting to know what Simon Sadler would have done in the Premier League season and the level of investment. 
whitstabletangerine wrote:For a small seaside club they have done very well, soon to be repeated by another seaside town.
Portsmouth sure do have a bright future!
Portsmouth are going down at this rate! No wonder we got a point. We all thought that was a good point when we drew at Bloomfield!