You’ve been in following The Mighty 😮

Best for me was always the old Longside at Turf Moor. The atmosphere was electric.

The worst by far was at Belle Vue Doncaster when they decided to erect a cage in the away end to house the the away fans so you had to look through 2 sets of fencing and the goal netting. You could see Jack shit.

Got to agree with Turf Moor, so fucking intimidating as a kid being next to the Burnley fans.

Springfield Park as it was open terrace but far away from the pitch. Burnden Park as well but I only say that because of supermarket blocking the view in the corner. 

Best would have to be Sheffield Wed. Mix of old and new and 3,000 Pool fans in the LDV semi final was memorable. 

seasider wrote:

Springfield Park as it was open terrace but far away from the pitch. Burnden Park as well but I only say that because of supermarket blocking the view in the corner. 

Best would have to be Sheffield Wed. Mix of old and new and 3,000 Pool fans in the LDV semi final was memorable. 

Which other away end back then had a supermarket in it?

Don't know. Burnden Park was an iconic ground because of this supermarket. 

Any open terrace is shite

I'd also vote for the old Longside as the best.

Wigan at Springfield Park probably the worst, but Southend and Luton also pretty bad.

This one at Boothery Park Hull. That’s a supermarket at the back of the away end. They sold part of their ground too when they hit hard times

Quite enjoyed Barnsley's open terrace. Not sure why though, probably more nostalgia.

Experienced Burnley once where the away fans were in the Longside. Drew 2-2 and Burnley missed a late pen. The away fans were to the right, that's all I remember. 

Some good times in here over the years. Those wooden terracing used to shake like hell at the back.

Where's that? Not Deepdale is it?
seasider wrote:Where's that?
Strewth😮Town End Nob End
I thought that. I edited my post just before you posted the answer. I wasn't 100% though. 

Reminds of a Mike Davies screamer in a 3-3 draw. 

I remember it more like this. 

kophero wrote:

I'd also vote for the old Longside as the best.

Wigan at Springfield Park probably the worst, but Southend and Luton also pretty bad.

Got to agree with the mud hill at Springfield Park, horrendous when raining. Mansfield, uncovered , in a blizzard also has a special place in hadies. 
seasider wrote:Reminds of a Mike Davies screamer in a 3-3 draw. 
I thought the floor of that stand was going through that day.

Who remembers this alleyway and turnstiles? Which away end did this get you into?

Qblock2019 wrote:

Who remembers this alleyway and turnstiles? Which away end did this get you into?

Barnet
Hero wrote:Barnet
😂😂😂

Always enjoyed Saltergate but it was a shithole. Pissing directly into the drains.

How can we call another Teams Away End a shithole.After Wigan back then ours was the worst. 
Qblock2019 wrote:

Still no takers after Heros pitiful guess😮

This near side was the away end where back in the 80’s/90’s?

Bury?
seasider wrote:Bury?
Can’t remember Bury ever having an open end. I’m pretty sure you’ve been to this ground for a big game at the time😮

Was thinking it was this picture of Gigg Lane before the roof.

No. The image I posted was a terracing that ran along the side of the pitch.
seasider wrote:

Was thinking it was this picture of Gigg Lane before the roof.

That’s Gigg Lane away definitely. Can remember a copper waving a riot stick at me in there 85. 

The one above I’ve definitely been on but cannot remember where it was. 

Had to cheat using that watermark on the second pic. Rotherham, Millmoor. Been there as well to watch Blackpool get beat 2-0.

This is how I remember it. I am sure we were all packed in that bit on the right.

seasider wrote:

Had to cheat using that watermark on the second pic. Rotherham, Millmoor. Been there as well to watch Blackpool get beat 2-0.

This is how I remember it. I am sure we were all packed in that bit on the right.

That bit on the right was the away seats. The standing area was behind the goal from where that snap was taken.