International Call Up.

https://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/news/2019/october/international-duty-beckons-for-thompson-again/

Doesn't say exactly which ones but Rotherham at home on the 12th is definite. Then it's either Bolton away on the 7th or the Leasing Cup game against Carlisle on the 15th. Not sure if they would include the Leasing.com or the club means two league fixtures. Hope it's not Bolton!

Anyone know?
Gazette have confirmed it will be Rotherham and Carlisle.

I am all for players getting a call up to play for there country 

But why can’t we have our games postponed 

He is a regular first team player , like last time will be penalised , our team will be weaker 

It shouldn’t be two players then match cancelled, if one and he is deemed a first team player , should be postponed 

Rotherham have the advantage now in picking there first team choices where pool don’t 

My 

Tough one. As long as he plays, we will better for it providing he stays fit. It is annoying but you would have that problem than not. Guy will step in but definitely makes us less attacking. Maybe even Kaikai can play behind Gnanduillet and keep Scannell on the wing.
You can only postpone games if 2 or more players get call ups. It's a shame as he is becoming one of our key players.
Guy will replace him I'd imagine - I reckon he'll also be a very good player for us if he gets a run of games. 
NewburyOne wrote:You can only postpone games if 2 or more players get call ups. It's a shame as he is becoming one of our key players.

We need to get a couple more internationals then 😀

That sounds like a pretty good plan to me SS! 😀

👎

This is a bit of a blow. Why they can't let him play and fly out to join the rest of the NI squad on Tuesday seems unfair, especially as he may be on the bench for both games.
Well if he doesn't play a part in Thursday's match then it will be extremely frustrating!

Gutted we’ll be without Thompson as he’s really in form at the moment! 

Still thinking about that second goal against Lincoln...