Very Interesting read; https://www.thesackrace.com/news/1st-october-2019/blackpool-exclusive-ian-holloway-on-working-with-karl-oyston-being-fined-by-the-premier-league-and-almost-signing-jamie-vardy

Annoys me he still doesn't get the boycott and the sacrifices we made at the time - he was the main reason we got promoted a brilliant man manager but stubborn about "I wouldn’t have let any one person stop me from following my football club" - grrrrrrr

"I wouldn’t have let any one person stop me from following my football club" 

We didn't, we took action to remove the person.

He's just a thick Bell End who got massively lucky at Pool. Never did fuck all before and he never will again.

Oyston apologist

" I was supposed to take 5% of the money I made from selling players ....."!!!

He was amazing. He just doesn't have that loyalty and passion for the club so he is bound to think differently. 

Quite a revealing interview and a good insight into how Karl ran the football club. 

I think Steed could vouch for Ollie when he says that Oyston would try every dirty tactic in the book to get what he wants. 

Thank God he is no longer part of our club.  As for Ollie, I would always applaud him if he ever came back to visit. 

We were lucky enough to have a fully refuelled and brimming with new ideas Ollie and a talented squad of players willing to take on board those ideas. He galvanised our football club and he did the seemingly impossible, not the Premier league but bringing the people of Blackpool out to support their football club. He's since tarnished his reputation but he achieved a once in a lifetime miracle Imo.
Sounds like Ollie could have made Oyston a few bob with that striker. Quite ironic Oyston said no. Jamie Vardy as well, ouch. 
First class prick who inherited a good team with plenty of team spirit. He has been found out at every other club he has managed.
He took Blackpool, yes Blackpool to the Premier League. How many managers could have done that? I don't care whether he is a prick or not, you can't deny what he achieved was special. 
Bally has it spot on.

So do I. He made money out of Blackpool and the Oystons

Qblock2019 wrote:Bally has it spot on.
blackpool ger wrote:

So do I. He made money out of Blackpool and the Oystons

And so he should have!

I think Steed could vouch for Ollie when he says that Oyston would try every dirty tactic in the book to get what he wants.

See, this is the thing, he gets a lot of credit from people such as Ollie (and even me back in the day) for his good business sense.

After meeting him the reality is he's just dumb and a cheapskate along with it.

As the saying goes "A stopped clock tells the correct time twice a day", and a dumb cheapskate will occasionally get a good deal.

The thing is Ollie can have an his own opinions. He should hate him as well by the sounds of it but doesn't. No doubt he doesn't take it personally and the fact that Oyston was the chairman during his most successful period as manager probably has a massive bearing. 

I think if Blackpool fans can accept this then they will get over the fact that Ollie didn't go public to criticise Oyston. It's a shame that supporters think about this ahead of the wonderful times he gave us. 

Just my opinion, but I do think the criticism aimed at him is unfair. I do however accept that Ollie should never have said that Blackpool fans should be attending games rather than boycotting. Showed a lack of understanding and should have kept quiet.