https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49923129

We have to do something pretty quick, young lives being taken  this way has to be stopped.

Many years ago I can remember the gangs when flick-knives  were the favoured weapon and somehow we put a stop to it, but can't remember how we did it, perhaps it was tougher sentences I am not sure, but we have to put a stop to it before it becomes the norm in all cities and towns.

Quite a large section about Blackpool. I didn't realise it was such a problem. Not sure what the answer is as you have to be in that environment to understand why people feel the need to carry knives.

"It's not just young men who are affected. In Blackpool, students Keeley, 17, and Lauren, 18, have both been threatened on the estate where they live, with knives brandished in relatively trivial teenage disagreements.

"I got threatened with a machete in a park by a group of lads when I was playing football," Keeley said.

"They wanted to play in our half, but we said no."

Lauren says she doesn't feel safe in the town: "Me and my mate were walking home and a guy came out and threatened to stab one of my mates."

In 2018, the resort had 14.3 serious knife crime offences per 10,000 people, putting it in the top 25 most dangerous places for knife crime in England and Wales, of the 275 areas which gave data.

Drugs gangs, school exclusion rates, poverty, unemployment and cuts to services have all been blamed for a rise in youth violence in towns like Blackpool and Preston.

"There is a significant issue with county lines [drugs courier] gangs in Blackpool, and from that we are seeing that means a lot of young people are carrying knives," Ashley Hackett, chief executive of Blackpool Football Club Community Trust , told the BBC.

"We have an awful lot of children and teenagers who are living in deprivation and whatever way they can find to earn money and support households, legally and illegally, they are doing it. That includes drugs and knives," he added.