Protests starting today around major cities in the world. I am in London next week so better not get caught up in it!

Do you agree with what they are trying to achieve and they are going about doing it?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49957521

I believe they should be targeting the embassies of the countries that pollute the most.

This country according to the Guardian,  has reduced emissions for the past six years that are responsible for global warming, yes more could be done but we are leading the way when it comes to global warming so those in this country who are not satisfied by the responses that they see should concentrate on those countries that are not pulling their weight.

Demonstrate by all means but target those that are doing very little, but don't make the people of this country suffer when we are taking things seriously.

Too many believe it is just down to governments and industries, we all have a hand to play. I read a while back that pollution was now close to the '60s level due to increased car numbers and use. As an example, I wonder what their response would be if a restriction was put on car usage.
Can't get there in my lunch break and they won't give me an address hoc day off work

So now wrecking people's holidays. You would be fuming wouldn't you. Surely it doesn't have to be disruptive!

The disruption is the point. The pm making statements on them is recognition they are having an impact.

People have become so cynical that they would rather snipe at forces for good, even if they broadly agree with them. Nothing wrong with a bit of healthy scepticism but I think we can all get behind the reasons they are protesting.

Bally wrote:

The disruption is the point. The pm making statements on them is recognition they are having an impact.

People have become so cynical that they would rather snipe at forces for good, even if they broadly agree with them. Nothing wrong with a bit of healthy scepticism but I think we can all get behind the reasons they are protesting.

You come out with some sarcastic political crap sometimes but I couldn’t agree more with this post. 

Selfishly I’m just glad no disruptions have effected me but what they are protesting for is right. 

These selfish fuckwits need to look hard at who they’re hurting most. It’s not the super rich or not will it persuade any government to change. It hurts the working class who can’t get to work or if they do manage to get in , have these dickheads stop clients/customers from entering where they work. 

So yes if camping in the middle of roads , shitting over garden walls and ensuring people who can’t afford it lose pay , then I hope they’re happy with their achievements. 

These fuckers only intent is to cause disruption, there’s no new big road or runway being built at the moment so this is the next thing they can do for their five minutes of fame. 

Another working class Tory. Brainwashed by the right wing media. No doubt moan when the likes of the Train drivers strike over safety concerns.

Society is crumbling, the planet is dying.

Someone has to give a fuck and make people take notice before we're all inconvenienced  permanently.

We’re destroying our own well being, our natural home and all for profit.  When the last tree is cut down and the last fish taken from the sea then we won’t be eating money. 

We are running out of places to bury our rubbish.  Our over production of plastic will kill us all. 

Anything that pisses off the government will do at this point, as long as it’s done peacefully and doesn’t hurt innocent people.  We can leave that to the governments. 

Disrupt/protest away. 

Graves wrote:

We’re destroying our own well being, our natural home and all for profit.  When the last tree is cut down and the last fish taken from the sea then we won’t be eating money. 

A nuclear war will happen before the trees and fish disappear, if only these demonstrators  could focus on the "end of the world"  happening tomorrow as opposed  to fifty year time.

Rid the world of nuclear weapons that should be the priority.

So what are you going to do to help save the planet?

Educating future generations.

EagleDay wrote:

So what are you going to do to help save the planet?

I see two MAJOR risks to humanity, one the Nuclear threat that could be imminent the other global warming.

The energy is all on the latter while hardly any mention is made of the thousands of thermonuclear weapons that exist in the world today.

I am aware some will say the likes of Russia, the US China  and the UK know the risk and if war was to break out within this group it would be limited to conventional weapons but who knows.

The other problem lies with the four countries Israel, North Korea, Pakistan and India., with the everlasting tensions between the latter two and the Pakistan military having links to terror groups the possibility of a rogue explosion could start a chain reaction.

However much we say that the risks are known and the likely hood of nuclear war unlikely there is always the chance that hackers could interfere with a defence weapons programme with one nation believing it was under attack.

whitstabletangerine wrote:

I see two MAJOR risks to humanity, one the Nuclear threat that could be imminent the other global warming.

The energy is all on the latter while hardly any mention is made of the thousands of thermonuclear weapons that exist in the world today.

I am aware some will say the likes of Russia, the US China  and the UK know the risk and if war was to break out within this group it would be limited to conventional weapons but who knows.

The other problem lies with the four countries Israel, North Korea, Pakistan and India., with the everlasting tensions between the latter two and the Pakistan military having links to terror groups the possibility of a rogue explosion could start a chain reaction.

However much we say that the risks are known and the likely hood of nuclear war unlikely there is always the chance that hackers could interfere with a defence weapons programme with one nation believing it was under attack.

Scary but very true. 

I’d love to spend an hour with you in the pub Whits, your knowledge shows your age🤣🤣

I’ve never heard of nukes being described as thermonuclear before?