Czech Republic (4-2-3-1) Vaclik; Coufal, Celustka, Brabec, Boril; Soucek, Kral; Masopust, Darida, Jankto; Schick.

Substitutes: Kolar, Pavlenka, Reznik, Kudela, Krejci, Ondrasek, Husbauer, Krmencik, Kalvach, Kopic, Zmrhal, Simic.

England (4-1-2-3) Pickford; Trippier, Keane, Maguire, Rose; Rice; Henderson, Mount; Sterling, Kane, Sancho.

Substitutes: Pope, Henderson, Alexander-Arnold, Chilwell, Gomez, Mings, Tomori, Winks, Barkley, Rashford, Abraham.

The three stand out questions for me:

- is Trippier better than Kyle Walker. Not for me. 

- still not sure what Rice offers. Maybe a Matty Virtue.

- should be more brave with youth. Michael Keane is a good defender but he isn't the future. 

Understand you have to blend youth with experience but until we fix certain key positions, it's all a bit pointless. 

If England win, they qualify with 3 matches to spare. That's when you would expect some experiments and trials.
Good start. 1-0 England 
Great defending 1-1

I'm only watching it to see them walk off. Let's face it, go to a country with a recent history of racism and tell them you will react, and there's bound to be more than one idiot that takes on the challenge.

seasider wrote:

The three stand out questions for me:

- is Trippier better than Kyle Walker. Not for me. 

- still not sure what Rice offers. Maybe a Matty Virtue.

- should be more brave with youth. Michael Keane is a good defender but he isn't the future. 

Understand you have to blend youth with experience but until we fix certain key positions, it's all a bit pointless. 

Trippier isnt the best option. Rice is average at best. As for Keane, I can't believe he gets a start every week for Everton.

Keane has landed on his feet with Southgate! Perhaps it's an indication of the lack of depth. 

It is so bad. Reminds me of Blackpool the other night. Static midfielders and nothing going forward. Can't judge Mount yet but missing Barkley's energy. Rice and Henderson together is just embarrassing at this level. 

One of the worst England performances I have ever seen.
Bit crap that.  Is it the top two that qualify or 2nd goes to play offs?

Not sure. Need to beat Bulgaria now otherwise will be tight. 

Perhaps we needed that as some of Southgate's selections are bizarre. No one was comfortable on the ball tonight. 

seasider wrote:One of the worst England performances I have ever seen.
Grayson negative football is rubbing  off on other managers! Grayson out!

Similar to us, just not enough quality. Southgate not even picking the best players. 

Why would Southgate play Trippier ahead of a European winner Arnold? Michael Keane and Harry Maguire look as though they've just come from the pub and want a kick about. Rice and Henderson is like Spearing and Virtue. So uninspiring. 

Scotland would give this team a good game.

seasider wrote:

Similar to us, just not enough quality. Southgate not even picking the best players. 

Why would Southgate play Trippier ahead of a European winner Arnold? Michael Keane and Harry Maguire look as though they've just come from the pub and want a kick about. Rice and Henderson is like Spearing and Virtue. So uninspiring. 

Scotland would give this team a good game.

Haha behave we are Shit and any of these players would walk in to a Scotland team that has no quality no nothing 
Could do with Andy Robertson! Roy Keane slated Danny Rose last night. 

I didn’t think Rose had too bad a game.  Barkley gave us a bit of life when he came on. 

Surely we’ll beat Bulgaria-  it was comfortable  last time.  I think the majority of players just couldn’t be arsed last night.