Thread for all you political geezers to discuss political stuff innit.

This tweet nails it. 

My youngest two will be eligible to vote by 5 days. They are registered already as they go on the electoral register at 16. Unfortunately fylde is a strong Tory constituency, so our votes for the “ bring a bottle “ party won’t dislodge them. 
Magic147 wrote:

Thread for all you political geezers to discuss political stuff innit.

This tweet nails it. 

Well there is always the anti-semitic Labour party as an alternative.

There's a growing movement to stop the over 70s from voting, I'm all for it. 
Magic147 wrote:There's a growing movement to stop the over 70s from voting, I'm all for it. 

The same people who want 16 year olds to vote too. 

Let’s leave it as it is. 👍

Proudly anti-Zionist not anti-semitic.

A difference The Sun and it's readership fail to grasp.

Bally wrote:

Proudly anti-Zionist not anti-semitic.

A difference The Sun and it's readership fail to grasp.

Well obviously some of it's own MP's thought differently, nowt to do with the Sun, when Labour party members speak out saying that since Corbyn became leader Anti-semitism has become rife in the party.
whitstabletangerine wrote:

Well there is always the anti-semitic Labour party as an alternative.

Saying Labour as a party is antisemitic is a bit of a stretch, maybe they are not doing all they can with a few bad apples, but it's certainly not enough for me to discount them as a potential government over the Conservatives who have actively raped this country for a decade.

Well it took Tom Watson to speak out about anti semitism as a "scourge on the Labour party" and perhaps some missed the BBC Panorama programme which also highlighted how Corbyn has been either unable or unwilling to clean up the party a party that is squeaky clean when it comes to racism and   tolerance of religious beliefs.

Those over 70s you want to ban from voting includes quite a few people who fought in a World War to defend your right to write offensive bollocks.
kophero wrote:Those over 70s you want to ban from voting includes quite a few people who fought in a World War to defend your right to write offensive bollocks.
Yawn
Double yawn. 
Fortunately will never have to be in the trenches with you two zombies.
whitstabletangerine wrote:

Well it took Tom Watson to speak out about anti semitism as a "scourge on the Labour party" and perhaps some missed the BBC Panorama programme which also highlighted how Corbyn has been either unable or unwilling to clean up the party a party that is squeaky clean when it comes to racism and   tolerance of religious beliefs.

whitstabletangerine wrote:Well obviously some of it's own MP's thought differently, nowt to do with the Sun, when Labour party members speak out saying that since Corbyn became leader Anti-semitism has become rife in the party.

The same Blairite Labour MP's who are on Israels pay roll.

Most of them are gone now. Thank fuck.

Sorry, but men fighting in a war does not automatically make you a perfect and righteous human being, nor does it preclude you from being a cunt. Not fighting in wars doesn't mean the inverse either.

I'm against removing votes for those over 70, and I'm against giving votes to 16 year olds, but I'm tired of having simply being alive while a war happened being a global pass for everything.

TheSteed wrote:

Sorry, but men fighting in a war does not automatically make you a perfect and righteous human being, nor does it preclude you from being a cunt. Not fighting in wars doesn't mean the inverse either.

I'm against removing votes for those over 70, and I'm against giving votes to 16 year olds, but I'm tired of having simply being alive while a war happened being a global pass for everything.

To be fair, My mum is 80 and born in 1939. She didn’t fight during the war as it ended when she was 6. There can’t be that many left now who did fight in the WW2 . 

And I’m sure many who did fight would vote labour as would vote for other parties. 

I would like to think that the ones who vote Labour don't seek any glory or expect eternal gratitude for their part in it

Just saying some of you are very glib about free speech (and who should have it), which is bloody odd when you consider the recent history of this board. I'm sure Steed wasn't so fucking dismissive about the issue when it was his site that was under threat.
I don’t think he has been dismissive he’s saying basically doesn’t matter what age you are or which war you fought in you could be a cunt and the votes would be about even anyway. A lot has changed in the world since the Second World War and whose better off?.The politicians have ruined Britain and in my opinion doesn’t matter which one you vote for they are all liars and not to be trusted it’s all about self gain 
kophero wrote:Just saying some of you are very glib about free speech (and who should have it), which is bloody odd when you consider the recent history of this board. I'm sure Steed wasn't so fucking dismissive about the issue when it was his site that was under threat.
What are you on about? This isn't a free speech issue, it's an issue of whether racist old wankers should be allowed to vote on the future of us non-wrinklies when most of them won't be around to suffer for their mistakes. Selfish if you ask me. 
blackpool ger wrote:I don’t think he has been dismissive he’s saying basically doesn’t matter what age you are or which war you fought in you could be a cunt and the votes would be about even anyway. A lot has changed in the world since the Second World War and whose better off?.The politicians have ruined Britain and in my opinion doesn’t matter which one you vote for they are all liars and not to be trusted it’s all about self gain 
Pretty much how I see it so I am voting for myself. If Labour had a strong leader they would win this by a landslide. They won't though in my opinion. 
seasider wrote:Pretty much how I see it so I am voting for myself. If Labour had a strong leader they would win this by a landslide. They won't though in my opinion. 
Why isn't Corbyn a strong leader, because the papers say so? 
If you can't see that freedom of speech and freedom of thought are two sides of the same coin perhaps it should be YOU who doesn't get the vote. 
Magic147 wrote:What are you on about? This isn't a free speech issue, it's an issue of whether racist old wankers should be allowed to vote on the future of us non-wrinklies when most of them won't be around to suffer for their mistakes. Selfish if you ask me. 

Bit of a generalisation!

kophero wrote:If you can't see that freedom of speech and freedom of thought are two sides of the same coin perhaps it should be YOU who doesn't get the vote. 
I'm all for freedom of thought, as long as people who don't agree with me keep it to themselves. 
Magic147 wrote:Why isn't Corbyn a strong leader, because the papers say so? 
Don't read the papers. Just never know what he stands for. To be honest, lost faith in the whole thing. 
seasider wrote:Don't read the papers. Just never know what he stands for. To be honest, lost faith in the whole thing. 

Papers, press, whatever. Nobody knows what he stands for because nobody hears about it. 

Jeremy Corbyn is the saviour.