e1287d578a0fa959b7b4ede1adbc8777.jpeg 

The contenders for the BBC Sports personally of the year have been announced. All worthwhile winners. Who’s your choice? 

A shortlist of six contenders has been announced for the 2019 BBC Sports Personality of the Year award.

The nominees are athletes Dina Asher-Smith and Katarina Johnson-Thompson, cricketer Ben Stokes, Formula 1's Lewis Hamilton, footballer Raheem Sterling and rugby union's Alun Wyn Jones.

Voting will be open to the public during the Sports Personality programme on BBC One on Sunday, 15 December.

The sell-out show is being broadcast from Aberdeen in Scotland.

How the Sports Personality contenders were revealed

Presenters Gary Lineker, Clare Balding and Gabby Logan will take to the stage to celebrate the year of sport in front of an audience of 10,000, with millions more watching live on BBC One.

The public can vote by phone or online on the night, with full details announced during the show.

The six nominees, who were announced throughout Monday by celebrity advocates on BBC shows, are:

Gotta be Stokes. 
Stokes for me too. The others have done fuck all.
Stokes. You can't look past a team winning the world cup. England cricket team will probably get team of the year as well.
Featherstone Rovers RLFC team of the year👍

Individually, Stokes has done fuck all except for a solitary good innings in a test match.

Dina Asher Smith for me.

He was the hero for that moment when England won a World Cup. I doubt many people will look past that.

She might be in with a shout, fastest sprinter in British history. That is some achievement as well.

Lewis Hamilton continues to dominate but he's been doing it for a while so doubt will get the votes.

Raheem Sterling has grown as a player but not enough to win SPOTY in my opinion.

Not really sure what Alun Wyn Jones has done apart from captaining Wales in the Six Nations.

Katarina Johnson-Thompson was brilliant in the heptathlon event in the athletics but like Dina Asher Smith perhaps athletes only get the recognition they deserve if they do it at the Olympics.

Wyn Jones has become the most capped Welsh rugby player in history, and won more grand slams I think. Don't think he will win it, but he's probably coming to the end of his career on a high and that's why he's included.

Being the fastest ever British female, and the first to win any medals in her discipline in nearly 40 years should be enough to win it over somebody who stood out in a mediocre England cricket team.

Stokes, Dina or KJT. I hope it’s one of the last two as I can’t stand cricket but all are in with a shout.

Anyone but Hamilton.

Dina.
TheSteed wrote:

Individually, Stokes has done fuck all except for a solitary good innings in a test match.

Dina Asher Smith for me.
In a World Cup Final not a test match. Probably the greatest innings of all time never to be repeated which won the final for England from the brink of defeat. No other sporting achievement comes close this year. Don’t insult the man by even looking for one. Maybe one of your shitty Union failures😂
Qblock2019 wrote:In a World Cup Final not a test match. Probably the greatest innings of all time never to be repeated which won the final for England from the brink of defeat. No other sporting achievement comes close this year. Don’t insult the man by even looking for one. Maybe one of your shitty Union failures😂

He's better known generally for his performance in the ashes at Headingly I'd say, which is what I'm on about. Lot's of people are awarBesides, that's a team effort not individual despite what Stokes did during his innings.

As for shitty union, I watch GB rugby league the other day. Reminded me of watching the youngest lad at Sedgley under 10's.

Why the fuck do our athletes have so many names these days?

Ignore that actually, I already know the answer, it's because kids who go into athletics have rich cunt parents. 

England Cricket team win team of the year. No surprise. 

Heart wrenching this  he’s a true gent and one of the most genuine guys you are ever likely  to meet. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/sports-personality/50803511

Presuming Stokes won? 
Yep, go Potters
blackpool ger wrote:

Heart wrenching this  he’s a true gent and one of the most genuine guys you are ever likely  to meet. 

That was a difficult watch. What an inspiring man. 
Hero wrote:Stokes for me too. The others have done fuck all.

Stokes for me was a deserving winner, but you're having a laugh if you think the others have done 'fuck all'.

blackpool ger wrote:

Comes across as a genuinely humble gent and the sort of guy who would put everyone else before himself.

Hero wrote:

Comes across as a genuinely humble gent and the sort of guy who would put everyone else before himself.

He is I have knew him for a lot of years he has never changed