The club has confirmed to me this morning that the steward who is the subject of a police investigation after Wednesday night will not work at Blackpool FC again.

Very sad. Why that man chose to do that I will never know. Abuse of power or pissed off with the lack of respect, probably both!
Just deserts.
Stupid thing to do. However pissed off you are , you should control your temper. Especially if you work in security. Someone said he works at the casino, does he swing at punters there too? 
There is a lot of talk about what lead up to the incident but like you say, the punch wasn't necessary as there was enough stewards there to deal with one fan. There is obviously a wider problem here as why is this happening during a Leasing Cup fixture? There has obviously been some disturbance beforehand. Needs to stop. The police and stewards are there to do a job and have to be respected. It just won't help matters when one of them starts to think he is a short Tyson Fury. I bet all the stewards in the North are now going to get abuse going forward. 

Correct course of action IMO.

Doesn't solve the problem though - since the homecoming we have developed a larger-than-comfortable section of the fanbase who don't have 2 braincells to rub together and struggle to contain their excitement after 2 pints.

No more than I and many others got up to at that age, of course, but it will lead to more events such as this. 

Hope the lad puts a claim in against the club, he can't lose.
seasider wrote:Very sad. Why that man chose to do that I will never know. Abuse of power or pissed off with the lack of respect, probably both!

You've only got to look at one or two of 'em and you can see they think they can talk to or treat people anyway they like because they have a little bit of authority. Thankfully the majority of them are very amicable.


EagleDay wrote:

You've only got to look at one or two of 'em and you can see they think they can talk to or treat people anyway they like because they have a little bit of authority. Thankfully the majority of them are very amicable.

Stewards, referees, police etc 

Only one reason people go into these roles is to feel superior to their fellow man. Each and every one is a jobsworth fucking pleb. 

Magic147 wrote:

Stewards, referees, police etc 

Only one reason people go into these roles is to feel superior to their fellow man. Each and every one is a jobsworth fucking pleb. 

Wow. Couldn't disagree more. It's a job at the end of the day. 
Nah, you get good and bad in every walk of life.  The role doesnt define the person, you'll get just as many postmen who are knobs but they need a pretty good excuse to give someone a dig 😂
Magic147 wrote:

Stewards, referees, police etc 

Only one reason people go into these roles is to feel superior to their fellow man. Each and every one is a jobsworth fucking pleb. 

Who was bullied at school
Bally wrote:Who was bullied at school
Exactly.