A lot of my favourite bands have released new albums this year. I've loved the albums by Blood Red Shoes, Honeyblood, The Regrettes, The Raconteurs, An Horse & The Black Keys this year. Enjoyed seeing the first three of those live this year.

My favourite album of the year though, is a debut album from a band I missed out on tickets to see. Dogrel by Fontaine's DC is absolutely stunning and the most confident debut I've heard for a while. 

My favourite piece of music released this year though was the release of The White Stripes' last gig from 2007. My favourite band ever and one I saw three times in our beautiful Empress Ballroom. They chose the Empress to record their live dvd over every other venue in the world and recorded over two nights in 2004. They then returned the next year and played two more gigs. 

Anyone else at those gigs at the Empress? 

And obviously recommendations for albums that I've missed.

Never heard of any of them😯

The White Stripes are amazing.

Best album this year though - Ghosteen by Nick Cave etc.. 

Never heard of any of them but I do have fond memories of the Empress ball room though. 

Don’t quote me but I think it was 29-11-1999

One of the best gigs I’ve ever been to. 

Chemical Brothers on tour. 

E’s, Whizz, Coke, oh I was a naughty boy back then but I will die with the memories. 

Abbey Road 50th. Anniversary 
sudds green wrote:Abbey Road 50th. Anniversary 
Yes! 
Now Christmas
The punk collection I’ve done on Spotify!
tangerinejezza wrote:The punk collection I’ve done on Spotify!

That's a playlist innit. 

We need some rules here. Best non-compilation album released in 2019 for the first time (no re-release etc). 

Ghosteen - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds. 

Any other opinion, whilst welcomed and considered, is categorically incorrect. 

Looking forward to setting up my Xmas present tomorrow which comes with six months of Spotify Premium. Never used Spotify, but heard good things about it. I'm hoping it will lead me to some good new bands. 

I really liked Michael Kiwanuka's new one, also (Sandy) Alex G and Weyes Blood's new ones from earlier in the year. If you're partial to a bit of hip-hop, then the Apollo Brown record 'Sincerely, Detroit' is well worth a spin. We are asked to give our top ten albums of the year at work and they were all in mine.
I have never felt so out of touch ☹
CheshireSeasider wrote:I have never felt so out of touch ☹
Ditto but they can wake me up if they ever find an album that surpasses New Orders “ Power Corruption and Lies” or Talk Talk’s “ The Colour of Spring”😁
coinslot wrote:

Looking forward to setting up my Xmas present tomorrow which comes with six months of Spotify Premium. Never used Spotify, but heard good things about it. I'm hoping it will lead me to some good new bands. 

Spotify Premium is the sound track to my world. The only subscription I use every day. Podcasts on long drives, playlists in the office and at home. The daily playlists made 'just for you' get better the longer you use it, after 3 years they do a good job of finding new bands and songs I like and dropping loved oldies in a mix.  Merry Christmas.

I love spotify too although I need to reconsider my music choices as it recently had my daily mix as big gay anthems!!!!!
Bentent wrote:I love spotify too although I need to reconsider my music choices as it recently had my daily mix as big gay anthems!!!!!
It is amazingly intuitive.