My thoughts on today:

Some might say it’s an excuse but I think most who saw the game cannot deny that the pitch was a huge factor. You couldn’t play passes on the deck at all. It was a complete mud bath and both sides looked like they were on ice skates.   Not even Ipswich or Wycombe or whoever is top at the moment could go to that pumpkin patch and get an easy result. 

Tactically, I think that’s why Grayson started with both Gnanduillet and Nuttall. Planned an aerial assault but didn’t work. Can understand criticism of Nuttall but in his defence you can tell Grayson tells him to track back too often. He is often sent very deep down the flanks to use his stature to block high or low crosses into the box.  

Now how is a number 9 supposed to score goals from that position? 

I also believe Grayson took off Gnanduillet first as his fitness was done but Nuttall is younger and can actually run a-bit more.  Pity he can’t do much else at the moment.  Is he just shit or being mismanaged?

Also a common excuse, but the ref and liners were completely dogshit. How was that a booking, let alone even a free against Edwards in the first half? He clearly won the ball. Kaikai put in a headlock as soon as he came on and no booking. Throws that weren’t theirs, offsides that were onside... it doesn’t help the players feel confident when they’re on a booking that they shouldn’t have.  Brett Ormerod also agreed.  Maddening. Contrastingly, later on Husband did his shithouse thing again and was probably lucky not to get a red. Fonz fluffed our best chance to score late on. I like him but I swear he has about one decent game in every five. Not consistent enough.

Why no McDonald? The kid is decent and offers a crucial element: pace. 

Heneghan stopped literally everything until he got caught wrong side for their goal.  Virtue and Spearing were key players and worked hard to try and get us something.  Feeney was quiet.  Probably because the flanks were more like trenches.  Howard also a decent shot stopper, look at his performances last season- very consistently kept Pool in games. (Judging by YouTube highlights). For the record- Until this season, I hadn’t been to a pool game home or away in over 4 years. The football is bordering on utter dogwank but at least I can talk about my team again. 

Grayson out? Not yet for me. Our form has truly dipped but multiple injuries haven’t helped. Give him at least until February. If we’re as shocking by then, then yes, it’s time to say it’s the managers fault. 

Too pissed to comment in detail but 👍

Howard - 8, Husband - 7, Turton - 7, Heneghan - 9, Edwards -9, Fenney - 7, Spearing - 7, Virtue - 8, Guy - 7, Gnandullet - 6, Nuttall - 6

Feel for Nuttall, he doesn’t look confident at all. Maybe the step up from junior football is too much for him.

Thanks Graves, good to have feedback. You are probably right about the pitch, we should know how difficult it is. In a way it's nice to see another club suffering from a shit pitch instead of us. 

I think people are frustrated because this was a must win because of the previous two games. In normal circumstances you probably would have taken a point. 

Grayson explains some of the questions above:

“It was just to give us something different really," Grayson said, explaining the double change.

“They’ve both played a lot of football over the last few weeks and we wanted to bring some extra pace on with Delf and Sullay in the wide areas.

“We put Joe down the middle because he was still running and looking quite strong and powerful.

“Armand has played a lot of football over the last few weeks and it was horses for courses to change it around a little bit to try and win a match.”

seasider wrote:

Grayson explains some of the questions above:

“It was just to give us something different really," Grayson said, explaining the double change.

“They’ve both played a lot of football over the last few weeks and we wanted to bring some extra pace on with Delf and Sullay in the wide areas.

“We put Joe down the middle because he was still running and looking quite strong and powerful.

“Armand has played a lot of football over the last few weeks and it was horses for courses to change it around a little bit to try and win a match."

That summary inspires no confidence whatsoever. 

Let's "give us something different" next week. Players could go on the piss NYE. Perhaps we might try to maintain possession,  or the forwards could contemplate  scoring a goal or two

He mentions three players who've "played a lot of football over the last few weeks". 

Are they the only ones in the League? 

Isn't that their job? 

I've worked a lot of hours over the last few weeks and am expected to put in a shift or two over Christmas.

So Joe was " still running", eh? 

Understand he wants to remain positive and protect his players,  but hope he was a little more robust in the changing room than on air.

A lot of people and Grayson saying the Tranmere striker was decent and we should go after him. 
seasider wrote:A lot of people and Grayson saying the Tranmere striker was decent and we should go after him. 
Watching the highlights he smoked our defence and that’s supposed to be one of the best in the league.... top 5 anyways.