Currently linked with Charlton. Do you think we should do everything we can keep him or let him go if the price is right? The obvious concern if he goes is where the goals will come from.

https://www.derbycounty.news/transfers/derby-county-to-miss-out-as-blackpools-armand-gnanduillet-reportedly-closes-in-on-charlton-athletic-move/amp/

Really not sure what to make of it. Part of me is thinking we can now go out and get a striker that suits how Grayson wants to play and the other half is saying it is so difficult to find a striker (especially in January) who will guarantee you the same goal return as Gnanduillet.
Yeah, tough one Seasider. Would much rather have the money than see him go for nothing in Jan but it's worrying given how unsettled the rest of our top line are. 

I'm a fan of Gnands, I genuinely think he'd do well at Charlton too - despite it being a league up and some of our fans not rating him (has something of a 'laconic' style of play which is always polarising). I can see them playing to his strengths more (i.e. not punting it over his head) and they have a big corner conversion rate which will be worth a few goals for him. 

I’d be sorry to se him go. 

Love him or hate him, Who wants to lose a top scorer?

I know Simon has showed how comit he is & I believe all of it but Jan doesn't usually give you the new team look. That’s a summer thing. 

22 goals in 94 games is  hardly a decent strike rate. I'm sure some think his goal per game ratio is much better than it actually is. A goal every 4.3 games.

This is a deferent season for him. 

I’m referring to now. 

He’s lazy, he could/should have scored many more goals than he has.
TheSteed wrote:He’s lazy, he could/should have scored many more goals than he has.

So your happy for him to leave?

I think I could be but it’s the replacement part that scares me. 

Think this is his level and he may be found out in the Championship. However,  it's not stopped others who think they're better than they are. 
Get rid of him, he’s wank.
Leesthedaddy wrote:

So your happy for him to leave?

I think I could be but it’s the replacement part that scares me. 

Happy if there’s someone else lined up to replace him.
TheSteed wrote:Happy if there’s someone else lined up to replace him.
Agree, but who’s in the queue?
Leesthedaddy wrote:Agree, but who’s in the queue?
Nuttall and Hardie although Laurel and Hardy might be better. 
TheSteed wrote:He’s lazy, he could/should have scored many more goals than he has.
Bang on

The best players can look lazy. Cantona, Sheringham, etc. You don't have to run around like a headless chicken to be effective. 

No i agree, he manages to look like a headless chicken standing still.
He’s gash. Fuck him off with Nuttall, Hardie and Grayson. Start afresh for the second half of the season. Our only chance. Get the right people in this time ffs.
Qblock2019 wrote:He’s gash. Fuck him off with Nuttall, Hardie and Grayson. Start afresh for the second half of the season. Our only chance. Get the right people in this time ffs.
Who would you like to see replace Larry?  Who could take us to the next level in your opinion?
seasider wrote:

The best players can look lazy. Cantona, Sheringham, etc. You don't have to run around like a headless chicken to be effective. 

There's a difference between being lazy and making things look effortless.

Gnanduillet will happily let a ball go if it means him having to run a couple of meters out of his way.

We saw a perfect example in the Wimbledon game. Fonz played a pass to him that would have left him one on one with the keeper, but because it fell a couple of meters behind him he just let it go. He scored 2 that game, but could arguably have had 3 or 4.

Anyway, looks like he isn't going anywhere. Reports suggest Charlton have pulled out due to price tag. 
Hero wrote:Get rid of him, he’s wank.
We're half way through the season and he's scored 15 goals so far. That doesn't sound like wank to me. Where would we be without him? We're not going to sign Salah this January. What will you say if he scores another 15 on the back straight? I can name several so called "lazy" footballers, Sherringham, le Tissier etc., but they won games.