The ban has been brought forward from 2040 to 2035. Weird to think my kids will probably never drive a petrol, diesel or hybrid car.
That’s on new cars. So unless they’re buying brand new they’ll still be in some sort of petrol car.

I can imagine the conversations now.

"We had none of these fancy electric vehicles in my day, we powered our cars with good old fashioned dead animals." 

tangerinejezza wrote:That’s on new cars. So unless they’re buying brand new they’ll still be in some sort of petrol car.
Ahh right, wasn't aware of this. Yes my Son will be driving an old banger then :)
Better local public transport investment needed to discourage cars in the first place. Electric cars won't be mainstream for a long time.
I can imagine the conversations now.

"We had none of these fancy electric vehicles in my day, we powered our cars with good old fashioned dead animals." 

😀😀😀

Rossall_Tangerine wrote:Better local public transport investment needed to discourage cars in the first place. Electric cars won't be mainstream for a long time.
Even when they become mainstream, how will the spent batteries dealt with? Like you say more investment should be put into public transport.

I thought we had issues with battery power and Green energy? I might be wrong but I’m sure they can’t mine something called “super earth” that is need in these products.

Like I said, I’m not sure where I’ve got it from but I’ve definitely read/heard this. 

Hydrogen fuel cells are the way forward. Hydrogen is the most common substance in the universe, and it’s by product is H2o . 

Stripping the hydrogen is at the moment an expensive process.