There were definitely positives yesterday but plenty of things we could improve on. That is positive though as we can get better. 

The formation was better as a 4-4-2 but I think 4-3-3 would suit the players better. Nothing drastic but play with one striker with Connor Ronan behind and Fonz on the left with licence to support Gnanduillet or Madine. 

Need Ronan more centrally so he can influence the game more. Also Fonz would bring some pace into the team which we lacked yesterday. 

Pretty obvious one for me!

Gnadders could end up being a striker with around or over 20 goals this season... When was the last time we had a striker like this I can't remember? As the boycott stage I don't think many paid attention.... 
Van-Baston wrote:Gnadders could end up being a striker with around or over 20 goals this season... When was the last time we had a striker like this I can't remember? As the boycott stage I don't think many paid attention.... 
He had a good game for me yesterday. Seemed to do the simple things better. Madine was ok just very slow in the build up. Too similar to Gnanduillet but there's a good player there.
I want Madine to do well I really do hopefully Gnadders and Madine can make it work 
Probably worth another go against Gillingham as they are both decent strikers at this level. Just feel like some pace would be helpful. Madine and Gnanduillet won't close down to make it difficult for defenders or stretch them when we are attacking. 

Great point about pace but i think they have to play till end of season , and if we want Gnads to stay next season we will have to convince him we can go up next season and a partnership with Madine is key .
 Nuttall is very close in style as well so need to create a system so if 1 of the front lads gets injured he can fill in and hopefully kick on & start his life at BFC. The pace needs to be added from wide and a midfielder runner past the forward 2.

Looking at saturday Graysons ideas seem to be Bola overlapping and Ronan coming off from wide almost Countinho like and we seemed more text book down the right with fullback and winger both working the line. Only issue is spearing and KDH seem to like middle third of the pitch and it was very easy for Southend to gain shape and brace them selves for our attack. So as the game went on you could see the way Southend looked poor and stretched was when number 42 defender came into the middle off the pitch and forced a player so lose there shape. 
I think with Fonz, Kaikai, Ward , Virtre  we will have great options in the last 20 when space may be more available to bring on these players and let them carrying the ball and hit teams on the break or even just add pace the team . 

We started this game 13points off playoffs and imo if Grayson is keep his job in summer we need to play postive , entertaining stuff till may and be no more than 8 points off 6th to give the club belief we will be force next season. 

Great post. 

Just think Fonz would add something different playing off one of the big guys. On the flip side we all know Fonz can be hit and miss and not a clinical finisher so maybe an option from the bench. 

Connor Ronan is that good, we need him more central. It started off as 4-4-2 with Ronan on the left but then he drifted. Against better teams can we rely expose Bola/Husband like like that? 

Need a better shape in my opinion and I know the only way to do that is to sacrifice a striker so it won't be everyone's choice. 

I only hope Grayson has learnt not to over complicate things by chopping and changing. Players need to build up their confidence, role within the system and working in this new team. Fingers crossed the more they play together the more understanding they develop. Still lots to do on the training ground, particularly from attacking set pieces and protecting Bola on the left.
Seems like dropping Thorniley was a good idea as Taylor Moore instantly showed quality.  Seemed to make Heneghan play better as well. 
True but we have to remember the quality of the opposition. Agree though, this looks likely to be the partnership going forward. Hope Thorniley turns out to be a good buy though as he is a BFC player unlike Heneghan and Moore.
seasider wrote:True but we have to remember the quality of the opposition. Agree though, this looks likely to be the partnership going forward. Hope Thorniley turns out to be a good buy though as he is a BFC player unlike Heneghan and Moore.
Our best players are Connor Ronan, Dewsbury-Hall, Taylor Moore,  Bola and Gnanduillet. All 5 may go at the end of the season. I really hope we can manage to tie some if not all (wishful thinking) down at Bloomers.
Not sure I would class Bola in that category. Husband is decent enough. Agree about the others though. The summer could be building from scratch again so this season could be seem as a complete waste!
seasider wrote:Not sure I would class Bola in that category. Husband is decent enough. Agree about the others though. The summer could be building from scratch again so this season could be seem as a complete waste!

Is it or is it not better than where we came from???

Yes or no?

No need for a speech.  

Yes but Sadler isn't here to fuck about 😉

We hope not & so far I’m oK with it. 

Im not but I think you know what I mean?

👍

It's all about progress and when the loan players have fucked off and we look at what's left, will we be able to say that? On the flip side, we are improving off the pitch.