Losing my mum to mental illness (and she was a manager at an old people's day centre, cub scout leader, member of the mothers union, lovely mother and loving person so it can hit anyone at any time) keeps mental health issues close to my heart.

So I was more than happy to film this for Star Blackpool a voluntary mental health group based at Claremont Community Centre who were protesting yesterday against mental health cut backs announced by Blackpool Council.

Paul who was one of the guys forming a guard of honour for the players on Saturday invited me to film this protest and I would appreciate any of you watching, liking and sharing this on social media to help them highlight the cutbacks 

Hopefully the Government will listen. My best friend was in a dark place so I have witnessed first hand how mental health can ruin someone's life. He got help and thankfully he is fine now.

Good luck to them.
Yes unless you have experienced it or know someone who has you have no idea how dangerous mental illness is. You absolutely need help and you need it fast. Cutting back on it is quite alarming. I wish I knew how to get the video out to a wider audience? Just hope it helps in some small way
Shared it on FB Lee. If everyone shares it more will know about the cuts. They need more funding not bloody cuts
Seaside_Lee(II) wrote:Yes unless you have experienced it or know someone who has you have no idea how dangerous mental illness is. You absolutely need help and you need it fast. Cutting back on it is quite alarming. I wish I knew how to get the video out to a wider audience? Just hope it helps in some small way
That's what the people voted for.