Club statement: https://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/news/2020/february/club-statement-simon-grayson/

Well, there you go. 

I think he used to be a good manager but as I’ve said before, after the Sunderland, Bradford appointments... seems he’s just not got it at this level anymore.

Wow

 Blackpool Football Club can confirm that Simon Grayson has today been relieved of his duties as first-team manager.

The Club would like to thank Simon for his efforts during his time back at Bloomfield Road and wish him well for the future.

A further announcement will follow in due course.

Very strange how he was allowed to bring in so many players.

I reckon Sadler was going to give him a chance but results and performances haven't improved. 3 defeats from 4 was it? So even though Sadler probably wanted Grayson to turn it around and gave him a chance to, it just became obvious that wasn't going to happen.

... or maybe he read QBlock's Grayson out thread.

Here we go again. Who's available?

All hail Qblock

Gary Bowyers free????

Thanks for the memories Grayson

In all seriousness, wish him well. Can't forget he once got us promoted but different era of football now.
seasider wrote:

I reckon Sadler was going to give him a chance but results and performances haven't improved. 3 defeats from 4 was it? So even though Sadler probably wanted Grayson to turn it around and gave him a chance to, it just became obvious that wasn't going to happen.

... or maybe he read QBlock's Grayson out thread.
Also, he was at the game yesterday - Scrafton said it was the most sombre he'd ever known the mood to be around the dressing room. I guess that gave him no choice.

Sadler not fucking around. He's put a shit load of money in and expects results.👍

"A further announcement will follow in due course" Presume this will be about interim manager. 
Rossall_Tangerine wrote:"A further statement will follow in due course" Presume this will be about interim manager. 
Who would take over if a temporary internal appointment? Surely not David Dunn
He  hasn’t got it anymore there is no fight in him and tactically he’s all over the place. We need a young manager with new ideas. Keep us up and prepare for next season 
blackpool ger wrote:He  hasn’t got it anymore there is no fight in him and tactically he’s all over the place. We need a young manager with new ideas. Keep us up and prepare for next season 
He never connected with the fans did he the second time round. That could have been similar with the players.

Sadler is actually Westy, and once he saw 77 had changed camp to Grayson Out, the writing was on the wall!

tangerine77 wrote:Very strange how he was allowed to bring in so many players.

I was like you in thinking it wouldn’t happen, especially after all the January business. 

But last night changed my mind. 

Me & Rio came home last night singing “your getting sacked in the morning” for ages, Karen was getting well pissed off with us. 😆😆

Let's be honest...Sadler had no choice did he.

Pleased about this, one because the football was fucking dire, and two because it shows Sadler means business. 

He's never been a good manager, just a lucky one.

Don't forget he had Tony Parkes with him first time around and as a young manager he will have been more willing to listen to advice.

Even then you were supposed to be happy that he was keeping you up then Holloway comes in and takes you to the Prem.

Graves wrote:

Well, there you go. 

I think he used to be a good manager but as I’ve said before, after the Sunderland, Bradford appointments... seems he’s just not got it at this level anymore.


I wish him the best because he has been a decent servant to BFC. I do agree though. The last 9 months have been nothing short of chaotic. Chopping and changing tactics, no direction and poor results. 
Had Grayson lost the player support b4 he got potter ?
Devon-Pool wrote:Had Grayson lost the player support b4 he got potter ?
I reckon the players didn't have a clue what Grayson was asking!