Holloway, writing in his column with Bristol Live, says Grayson should have been given more time to turn it around.

"Blackpool’s decision to sack manager Simon Grayson this week after just seven months in charge was an absolute disgrace," the Grimsby Town boss said.

"While I will always be a Bristol Rovers fan at heart, I take an interest in all my former clubs and it sickens me to see the one I took into the Premier League join in a trend that brings modern day football into disrepute.

"The hiring and firing of managers has become a sad joke and I just hope the people running Rovers (who Blackpool play tomorrow) are sensible enough to give Ben Garner time to stamp his personality and coaching ability on the club.

Just read that seems to me hes had a lil pop at Saddler.... 
Who even wants the gobby twat back?
Yeah hes to full of his own importance these days - media whore 
He wouldn't leave Grimsby anyway as he is a shareholder I think these days. Grimsby and Ian Holloway - you would have never have guessed that.
. I didn’t want Grayson, and I don’t want Holloway. Stop living in the past ! 
Maybe he was tired and emotional.The daily commute from Bath to Grimsby is a bit of a grind lol.

Crazy how disconnected with Blackpool fans he seems nowadays. 

Genuinely wish him success at Grimsby, but not going to get riled or read too much into a manager who walked out on us' comments about a manager who once also walked out on us. Onwards!

The guys a first class tosser
Van-Baston wrote:Just read that seems to me hes had a lil pop at Saddler.... 
That'll be because he's an Oyston lover
I've ruled myself out too.
Me too
And I doubt hero will take a massive pay cut.
I've ruled myself out. Missus doesn't let me out on Saturday's.
To far to travel 🙈
I know Bally wouldn't like the increased hours

Holloway is a spineless, selfish twat. He walked out in us when we needed him most. Fuck the goggle eyed, carrot crunching misfit.

Smoke me 🖕

Can't be arsed reading his interview but you've got to be in the running to rule yourself out. The scarecrow little fucker is so full of himself.
I understand manager's stick together but the use of the word 'disgrace' is slightly over the top...
Seems like Ollie finds Blackpool harder to let go than most of us fans
Not surprising when you wake up in the morning and you realise you are manager of Grimsby Town. 
Still can’t believe he’s actually there.
I'm sure I read he's a major share holder there now @Grimsby and his wife had a major influence init.. I can't help but like Holloway for what he done with the players and the money he had at his disposal it was a once in a life time thing, but I can't help but feel he's gained this massive ego and chip on his shoulder which deffinetly doesnt suit him as for his comments of calling us a disgrace he's going to rub decent fans up the wrong way... Grayson had to go the football being played was dross and lifeless... Hopefully we will bring in someone that will take the game to other teams and make them worry about what we are going to do, not the other way round! Uptmp!!!
Holloway will always be fondly remembered. When he stops talking, ten years later he will crop up when we discuss greatest ever Blackpool managers. 

Just the same as managers jumping ship when they feel like (eh Holloway) 

Little bumpkin needs to know when to butt out

seasider wrote:I understand manager's stick together but the use of the word 'disgrace' is slightly over the top...

Agreed on the wording. Though Holloway isn't completely wrong. In general, clubs need to give managers more time to get their players and systems in place. The real problem comes when clubs fire multiple managers too quickly in succession. You end up with a bunch of players who were suppose to meet different visions for the club, which ends up being a mess. 

That being said, Grayson was given money to spend, he was expected to put in a system of play that would create stability within the club. Instead, he has spent the money poorly and the system of play has not been established 7 months into his tenure. 

Replying to myself here (not sure if this is against the rule heres), but I had another thought on the issue of firing managers too quickly without giving them adequate time. The part of the picture we never see is what the managers have promised when they took over the job/ what the expectations were. What if Grayson promised promotion? what if the expectation was promotion? If a manager promises a certain performance goal, but does not deliver should the owner really sit back and just wait?
That's the confusion though. Didn't Sadler say Championship within 2 or 3 years. Grayson could argue that he was still on track!
seasider wrote:That's the confusion though. Didn't Sadler say Championship within 2 or 3 years. Grayson could argue that he was still on track!
I was just using it as a hypothetical. In this situation we knew what was expected of Grayson. In other situations we might not know, which is why the outside commentary about letting managers go too soon may be based on false expectations. It would be great to give all managers 3 years to succeed, but if they fail to meet their goals, whatever they may be, then they should be sacked.