I'm working in Tranmere with my Blackpool Scarf and all Blackpool attire in my van and one of the Cadent Gas lads used to work for Fleetwood through BES as there credit controller 🙈

He's informed me that Cods owner (Piley) was offered £200million for his customer portfolio of BES off a Russian firm and refused it....

Recons the cods in 5/10 years will be a premiership outfit in all seriousness 😳

Still dont reckon hes got enough cash.Fulham spent around 100m couple of seasons ago and they went down woefully, dont think he'd take that risk.
To be fair to them hate to admit it they're doing well and to think just before Christmas we battered them 😫
It’s not about how much money is thrown at a project like that, it’s who and what you spend it on that matters, maybe Fulham bought too many duffers , I personally don t see it, but that’s only my opinion
They’d need a new stadium to be serious in the championship. Held to ransom by a park, working men’s club and a few back gardens. Suppose they could build on the old docks, but that would eat massively into his savings. Bigger away end than home too. 
tangerinejezza wrote:They’d need a new stadium to be serious in the championship. Held to ransom by a park, working men’s club and a few back gardens. Suppose they could build on the old docks, but that would eat massively into his savings. Bigger away end than home too. 

That's where Fleetwood could benefit. A new stadium probably wouldn't increase home gates but they would get much bigger away followings. Would it make a significant contribution to warrant a new stadium, probably not. 

You get the feeling this will be the best and only opportunity they get. Very tight at the top apart from Coventry. 

Fleetwood are doing very well but clearly have massive income limitations that can only be overcome by someone like Pilley ploughing money in. £200M is relatively small change for a football owner these days, that's not to say it can't be done.