Nothing has changed for me work wise as always worked from home. Just going to have a shit few months as rely on hotels buying software which they aren't going to do at present. Wife still going to the office where she works. I think the big impact will be if the Schools close.

Personal wise, still got flights booked to Tenerife in two weeks but obviously not going. Just waiting for Ryanair to cancel to know how I can go about claiming a refund or going via travel insurance. 

Interested to know your situation. 

I work from home anyway but I've cancelled all client face to face meetings that were scheduled and will do them all on the phone. We've taken the kids out of school and nursery and the wife has told her boss she's working from home from today.

Don't wait for other people to make the decision for you. The government have been absolutely shambolic in addressing the issue and your employer doesn't give a shit. Look after yourselves. 

We'll home school the kids until it's blown over and if anybody doesn't like it they can suck my dick. 

What else? Oh I'm getting seriously fucked off with my autocorrect. 

Stock up on activities and supplies, this is the new reality for the foreseeable. 

How does a tram/ bus driver/ shop assistant work from home? 
Or a symphony orchestra player for that? We've probably b*gg*ered up the rest of the seson, goes a bit like the footie season....
Every wage earning member of this household will be effectively unemployed on April 1st.
Magic147 wrote:

I work from home anyway but I've cancelled all client face to face meetings that were scheduled and will do them all on the phone. We've taken the kids out of school and nursery and the wife has told her boss she's working from home from today.

Don't wait for other people to make the decision for you. The government have been absolutely shambolic in addressing the issue and your employer doesn't give a shit. Look after yourselves. 

We'll home school the kids until it's blown over and if anybody doesn't like it they can suck my dick. 

What else? Oh I'm getting seriously fucked off with my autocorrect. 

Stock up on activities and supplies, this is the new reality for the foreseeable. 

Is that even legal to take your kids out of School?
seasider wrote:Is that even legal to take your kids out of School?
Dunno. 
We’re getting hours cut. 
I live in Fort Lauderdale and am lucky that I can effectively run my businesses from home.  I had to postpone business trips to Europe though. Shops here arent that bad - we have an Aldi close by and that had everything in stock. Some people are panicking;  buying loads of food they will never need.  Bars are closed and restaurants are closing.  The good thing is it is warm here - and the pool is great.  But give it two more weeks - pretty sure the Americans will start shooting each other.
Florida is fucking crazy as well apparently! 

Nightmare☹️

No bog roll. Wiping my arse on old Cas Tigers shirts I’ve bought from the Charity shops for 99p.

No pot noodles,beans with sausages or tins of spaghetti so that’s my staple diet gone😮

No Rugby League, horse racing or football betting. 

The canal is looking more and more tempting by the day.

Business as usual for me at the moment although its expected that all non essential work will be postponed next week for the foreseeable and only emergency gas/electric off supply visits will be dispatched out.

This is a fucking nightmare, the super markets have no Stella, I can’t have my midget partly and the pub is closing.

I’ve got to be the worst hit person in the UK. Sometimes I can’t believe my bad luck.

What, hit worse than Unlucky Alf?
dpw1967 wrote:I live in Fort Lauderdale and am lucky that I can effectively run my businesses from home.  I had to postpone business trips to Europe though. Shops here arent that bad - we have an Aldi close by and that had everything in stock. Some people are panicking;  buying loads of food they will never need.  Bars are closed and restaurants are closing.  The good thing is it is warm here - and the pool is great.  But give it two more weeks - pretty sure the Americans will start shooting each other.
Hopefully we will all be in lock down by then so we can watch live footage for entertainment 👍
Ha Ha

I'm retired so have no work related problems.   No footy though, and one of my Sportives has been cancelled along with Audax calendar events. No doubt a number of model shows will be cancelled also. But what really ticks me off is all this bloody panic buying.

Everything continuing as usual at my workplace. Couple of people who are higher risk working from home. Couple of people self isolating with symptoms but that's about it so far. Now the school's are closing I'll only be able to go in the office two days a week as need someone home to look after them! Just so long as they let me work from home and pay me we should be okay. Missus was due for a wisdom tooth removal and my car was in for a windscreen replacement and then needs its MOT next week too so hopefully that can all go ahead! We'll see. 

Hairdressers in Spain now shut down by law, Dentists advised to do so, but not obligatory, Only basic food shops, chemists, legal services, vets and petrol staions are allowed to open....

daib0 wrote:

Hairdressers in Spain now shut down by law, Dentists advised to do so, but not obligatory, Only basic food shops, chemists, legal services, vets and petrol staions are allowed to open....

Sounds crazy but probably will be a reality for us in the next few days. Can you go for walks?
seasider wrote:Sounds crazy but probably will be a reality for us in the next few days. Can you go for walks?

No, ABSOLUTELY prohibited -  £1300 fine, and they've done about 200 in Madrid alone today!!! 

seasider wrote:Sounds crazy but probably will be a reality for us in the next few days. Can you go for walks?

daib0 wrote:

No, ABSOLUTELY prohibited -  £1300 fine, and they've done about 200 in Madrid alone today!!! 

Thank fuck something good has come from this.

Getting laid off at work. 

I’m the only earner in this house so we’re fucked. I earn 27,500 so don’t get benefits other than about £60 a week child benefit  

6 month old, 7, 8, 15 & me & karen all under this roof, plus’s a Cat a Dog & 2 Rats. 

I’m seriously worried & it’s only going to get much worse. 

Leesthedaddy wrote:

I’m the only earner in this house so we’re fucked. I earn 27,500 so don’t get benefits other than about £60 a week child benefit  

6 month old, 7, 8, 15 & me & karen all under this roof, plus’s a Cat a Dog & 2 Rats. 

Hope everything works out mate.  Fucking shite year so far this one!

I am in a similar position lee ,self employed my missus is a nail technician get child benefit ,and i kid you not i was on hold for 2hrs 30 mins trying to apply for a mortgage holiday and the cunts cut me off .I am now relying on getting a loan to get me through. Oh and we have no bog roll ,or a fridge full of food because selfish cunts out there have stripped the shelves bare.

Work in customer services in Asda. We've been given hand sanitizer. What we haven't been given is the exact minute bog/kitchen roll, bread, eggs, rice, pasta, baby milk, disposable nappies, baked beans, beer, cider, lager will be back on the shelves. We just reckon that bog/kitchen roll is top of the list because if the majority of the aforementioned is all that people are eating, they're going to need it! (Discounting the disposable nappies, because that's just weird!) 
Leesthedaddy wrote:

Feel for you mate. If laid off , to start you’re entitled to £28 per day. And get applying for tax credit now. 
Norbreck School closes tomorrow until July
Sorry to hear that, Lee, I don't thing you'll be alone unfortunately. By the time this is over things will be very different.