They will close on Friday. Nicole Sturgeon just said they could remain closed until the summer!ย 

Will England follow suit. Boris said an announcement is imminent.ย 

It was decided on Monday.
Well Sturgeon just announced it in her press conference. Boris will probably confirm later in his. Doubt we can have Scotland and Wales school's closing and not England.
One of my clients told me schools will effectively be closed from Friday, with a skeleton staff remaining to cater for children of healthcare staff only. 

Education secretary to make a statement to the commons at 5pm

Italy just announced another 475 deaths in last 24 hours.Highest daily total and they have been in lockdown for 9 days.
Confirmed. Schools in England closing on Friday. 

Exams cancelled this year. 

This is going to change things. Imagine wife will have to go on statutory pay. 
People are dying, more people are going to die, chances are someone you know will die because of this virus, maybe even some members on here  and all you're arsed about is money.
Bally wrote:People are dying, more people are going to die, chances are someone you know will die because of this virus, maybe even some members on here  and all you're arsed about is money.
๐Ÿ‘and his holiday in Tenerife โ˜น๏ธ
Don't want to give that impression at all. Couldn't give a shit about my holiday and wouldn't lose sleep even if didn't get money back. More important things like health as you say. At the same time you can't ignore how these things will affect personal lives. Millions of people will be worried about having enough money to pay rent and put food on the table. You think they should not be arsed?

Money makes the world go round. 

๐ŸŽฃ๐ŸŽฃ๐ŸŽฃ

I know someone in the police and a friend's boyfriend is in the army, both say we are going full lockdown like Belgium and a lot of Europe come this weekend - starting in London. Another friend of mine in London was mentioning he had seen a lot of army around and about today. 

Someone else told me today they'd seen a load of military vehicles just outside Leeds. 
Not sure if anyone is in the same boat but been told have to pay April nursery fees even though it will be closed. Crazy times. 
Pal of mine who has a little one at Nursery was on about that today. Also said the Nursery girls would look after his lad at their homes for the same fee as the Nursery charged, as they wont be getting paid whilst their off
Bally wrote:Pal of mine who has a little one at Nursery was on about that today. Also said the Nursery girls would look after his lad at their homes for the same fee as the Nursery charged, as they wont be getting paid whilst their off
Result. Wife has to go unpaid to look after kids and then to have to pay for nursery just rubs salt into the wounds. 
Just don't pay it, I certainly won't be.
seasider wrote:Result. Wife has to go unpaid to look after kids and then to have to pay for nursery just rubs salt into the wounds. 
How is it a result? He's expected to pay twice. Once to the Nursery, even though it's shut down and then to the girl who's working from home
Bally wrote:How is it a result? He's expected to pay twice. Once to the Nursery, even though it's shut down and then to the girl who's working from home
Ahh right thought he wasn't paying nursery fees just the staff member. That would cost a fortune. 
seasider wrote:Not sure if anyone is in the same boat but been told have to pay April nursery fees even though it will be closed. Crazy times. 
Just say no
TheSteed wrote:Just say no

๐Ÿ‘†

Sometimes the best film quotes are the subtle ones.

Surely kids in chilly jockoland leave school at 14 and are conscripted into Irn Bru factories.