For the last few days I've had a cough, sore throat, aching legs and a bit of a tightness in my chest, felt no worse than a cold to be honest. It really does make me wonder if thousands are continuing to not know they have it and unintentionally passing it onto to others. I read they are fast tracking some testing kits which will be able to test if you've had it. In my opinion anyone who has had it and has built up an immunity should be put to work helping the NHS.

I think I had it a couple of months ago.

Apparently there may be some testing kits you can buy in a few weeks.

Does it make your willy bigger? 
TheSteed wrote:

I think I had it a couple of months ago.

Apparently there may be some testing kits you can buy in a few weeks.

You can pre order them but they're sold out. It's scary how it can be deadly to one person yet symptomless to another

Definitely not,  Pete,  although the wife's is looking bigger than mine. 

Think I had it when I was six. Mum made me go to school so I've probably infected half the country.

However, if you can transmit the virus sexually,  our resident stud had probably transferred it to thousands.

Magic147 wrote:Does it make your willy bigger? 
No mate, that's called an erection,  hard on, stonker and plenty of other names.

I had a very bad dose of flu last year which upped it's game to pneumonia. Was out the game for a month. Nearly took old smokin onto the next stop. 

The flu bit was everything they have listed for this 19 virus, but no one came up with a name for that during last year's flu season.

All in my household we all quite ill over Christmas with flu like symptoms. I remember being in bed for a couple of days, makes you wonder.
tangerine77 wrote:You can pre order them but they're sold out. It's scary how it can be deadly to one person yet symptomless to another

Viral load. The more exposure you have, the more symptomatic it is.

Which is why social gatherings should have been banned weeks ago.

One of my daughter's was telling me recently that she had been quite poorly about a month ago with some kind of virus. 

And that it just happens to be a matching set for the symptoms constantly trotted out by the media for 19. Was off work for a couple weeks. 

Like you say 77 you just never know, which is unnerving for all and sundry.

TheSteed wrote:

Viral load. The more exposure you have, the more symptomatic it is.

Which is why social gatherings should have been banned weeks ago.

So are you saying if I did have a mild strain of it anyone who caught it off me would only have mild symptoms aswell?
tangerine77 wrote:So are you saying if I did have a mild strain of it anyone who caught it off me would only have mild symptoms aswell?

Yeah

The reason social spaces should have closed is because, for example, if each person you meet has a 10% infection and you meet 5 people, suddenly your own infection is increased by 50%.

That's obviously simplifying it A LOT but you get the picture.
So really if anyone has mild symptoms then they'd be better off infecting their household.
I personally believe this virus was here last year.
Apparently nurse and doctors who have no symptoms but are infected are spreading it at hospitals
Hero wrote:I personally believe this virus was here last year.
Me too
So it did it stealth last year and thought fuck it! I’m going pandemic?
Early to Mid February I was coughing my guts up, burning up, the lot!  Put it down to a strong strain of seasonal flu but you never know...
tangerinejezza wrote:So it did it stealth last year and thought fuck it! I’m going pandemic?
There was an awful lot of old people Ill last years. Maybe just a stronger strain.
Need to check the figures and see how many died of flu/ pneumonia before this kicked off.
tangerinejezza wrote:So it did it stealth last year and thought fuck it! I’m going pandemic?

This all started with hospitals in Wuhan slowly realising they had more cases of serious flu than normal last November time. So given how long it gets to show serious illness, and how most people who get it never even need to go to hospital, it could have been around since last summer in an area popular with global travellers.
TheSteed wrote:
This all started with hospitals in Wuhan slowly realising they had more cases of serious flu than normal last November time. So given how long it gets to show serious illness, and how most people who get it never even need to go to hospital, it could have been around since last summer in an area popular with global travellers.
I’m sure if it had killed last autumn, then some pandemic experts would say something. yes there were quite a few bad flu cases last November/ December as my lad spent his 18th in bed feeling like death. But if it was as contagious as Covid 19 then People would have been dying a lot sooner. 
Some scientists have estimated that 2/3rds of us have already had it and that were close to herd immunity.
tangerine77 wrote:Some scientists have estimated that 2/3rds of us have already had it and that were close to herd immunity.
I’m just not sure those figures are right. Be nice if they were tho.
Yeah seems a bit optimistic 
Are you sure they were scientists? 
Oxford scientists 

I had those symptoms just before Christmas.

tangerinejezza wrote:I’m just not sure those figures are right. Be nice if they were tho.
sounds VERY dubious to me as well!