by the weekend due to virus spreading concerns.Sky breaking news.
At least some winners in all of this!
Makes you wonder why it couldn't have been done before!
tangerine77 wrote:Makes you wonder why it couldn't have been done before!
Tough one as you would want to help geniune people. However, too many people would then see being homeless as an easy option. Need to encourage work and paying rent. 
I'm sure it would be easy to spot non-people. 
seasider wrote:Tough one as you would want to help geniune people. 

“Genuine people”? Fucking hell, Danny.

Trust me, at the moment nobody’s faking roughing it in the opportunistic hope of winning a shitty bedsit for a few weeks.

I don't know enough about it help needs to be prioritised to tackle the drugs. If they want to spend their allowance of drugs, why should the system help the further? That seems to be the root cause. Probably a generalisation, yes. 

Are we not short of housing as it is?

If I was homeless I'd spend my money on drugs. 
Magic147 wrote:If I was homeless I'd spend my money on drugs. 
Surely you wouldn't be homeless in the first place. Do people not get housing benefit?
seasider wrote:

I don't know enough about it help needs to be prioritised to tackle the drugs. If they want to spend their allowance of drugs, why should the system help the further? That seems to be the root cause. Probably a generalisation, yes. 

Are we not short of housing as it is?

Absolutely short of housing which is why it’s a bullshit mandate to make the government look like they’re doing things. 
seasider wrote:Surely you wouldn't be homeless in the first place. Do people not get housing benefit?
I'd call it drugs benefit. 
tangerine77 wrote:Makes you wonder why it couldn't have been done before!

That is so true of so many things. If all of a sudden the gov have so much money to throw at C19 related problems, why have we had to suffer years of austerity and a NHS that was cut to the bones along with other vital services such as Education and Policing etc?

Looks like the money was always there, they just didn't want to spend it on the people. Corbyn did but the the torys said he would bankrupt the Nation. And the majority of the braindead great British public believed them.