Anyone else had a cancelled flight with Ryanair? They are making the refund process as complicated as possible and we haven't received anything.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52370158

No one is wanting to give any money back. 

Both kids had planned summer holidays with friends after A levels. Will has only had his Airbnb refunded. An offer of vouchers for flights and lost his train fairs because they’re still running. Chloe decided to just lose her deposit as rearranging anothe when she’ll be working in Manchester and her friends will be spread out over the country at uni wasn’t worth the effort.

seasider wrote:

Anyone else had a cancelled flight with Ryanair? They are making the refund process as complicated as possible and we haven't received anything.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52370158

I had a flight booked with Ryanair, Barcelona to Manchester on 22nd March. From the 16th or so they were emailing me asking if i wanted to swap the flight (which is obviously 1-way) they then cancelled it on the 19th. I applied for a refund, they sent a few emails saying there were refund delays and then some 4 weeks later like everybody else I got the email with a voucher.

Clearly they have no money to refund people, so their plan is to kick the can down the road until they can either resolve the cashflow issues, get a bailout or go bust.

My flight to Barcelona was booked with Jet2, they refunded me within 4 days.

Completely understand about the cash flow and the high number of requests they have to deal with. Would just like to see some communication. Sounds like you are ahead of me in terms of communication.
seasider wrote:Completely understand about the cash flow and the high number of requests they have to deal with. Would just like to see some communication. Sounds like you are ahead of me in terms of communication.

The problem is that on the email they sent to me with my voucher, there is a link for "if you would prefer a cash refund" (which I've already told them I do) you get routed to a page for how to use the voucher. There's a small section on rejecting the voucher but them you have to contact them (again).

If you try using the webchat help, it either points you back to the same page or to your booking dashboard. The booking dashboard is obviously empty because the flight was cancelled and I already went through the process of requesting a refund.

At this point I don't even think it's worth trying to contact Ryanair directly because they aren't going to offer any actual refunds until forced to.

If you paid by credit card do a chargeback
TheSteed wrote:If you paid by credit card do a chargeback
I've looked into that one, it has to be a unit price of over £100 for a section 75 claim.
Wraith of Vern wrote:I've looked into that one, it has to be a unit price of over £100 for a section 75 claim.
Not sure what the details of that means but be assured, when steed replies it will be accurate. He is like our resident truth God. 🤣 
It is over £100, but I know seasider paid more than that.
Over £1000!
Finally got the email. Been offered vouchers and if not used within 12 months, will then get a refund. So basically we are loaning Ryanair cash for 12 months.
seasider wrote:Finally got the email. Been offered vouchers and if not used within 12 months, will then get a refund. So basically we are loaning Ryanair cash for 12 months.

Say no, you want your money which they legally have to give you.
This reminded me I'm still waiting for my refund from Lufthansa, just rang them and I was never forwarded to their refund department.