Coronavirus: Premier League planning to resume in June at 'neutral' stadiums

http://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-premier-league-planning-to-resume-in-june-at-neutral-stadiums-11981946

Seems ambitious. 

Like what happened in France it's up  to the Government to make the decision whether the season should continue. I say cancel it now I don't think there is much appetite for it to restart. Arguero of Man City has been voicing concerns players have of trying to complete it.

Gary Neville sums it up well. Families can’t see relatives in hospitals but footballers can play sports. Really can’t see it happening. 

Surely fans would turn up outside the ground. Can you see Liverpool fans staying away?

Bit confrontational, that Arguero though, to be fair. 
Magic147 wrote:Bit confrontational, that Arguero though, to be fair. 
😁
Magic147 wrote:Bit confrontational, that Arguero though, to be fair. 

I’d take the risk for millions of pounds a year!

To be fair, it’s just wrong. You can’t have football going on whilst normal folk are suffering in lockdown. 

seasider wrote:

To be fair, it’s just wrong. You can’t have football going on whilst normal folk are suffering in lockdown. 

Aaaaaand swooooooosh.
seasider wrote:

So you would risk catching it, passing it on to someone it may kill as long as you got the money.

At least you're consistant. I'll bet you even clap the NHS like the rest of the hypocrites that voted tory

My first sentence was said in jest. I strongly believe the football season should be null and void. 

Stay at home, save lives, protect the NHS. 

seasider wrote:

My first sentence was said in jest. I strongly believe the football season should be null and void. 

Stay at home, save lives, protect the NHS. 

Wherever they play the games, hundreds will travel to try and watch. Liverpool fans aren’t going to stay away for their first premiere title. 
tangerinejezza wrote:Wherever they play the games, hundreds will travel to try and watch. Liverpool fans aren’t going to stay away for their first premiere title. 
Exactly. They shouldn’t be making any plans to return until the Government ease the general lockdown. 
tangerinejezza wrote:Wherever they play the games, hundreds will travel to try and watch. Liverpool fans aren’t going to stay away for their first premiere title. 

Also, they aren't going to stay away if the league is cancelled and they are given the title.
TheSteed wrote:
Also, they aren't going to stay away if the league is cancelled and they are given the title.
Correct! So probably the best option is to null and void the whole season. 
tangerinejezza wrote:Correct! So probably the best option is to null and void the whole season. 

Then there would be a mass protest 🙂 

Just can’t see a solution that’s fairer than null and void. Anything the PL do would have to be replicated down the football pyramid. Plus the Nobbers wouldn’t make the play offs. 

I've always said null and void is the fairest option.

Granted, Liverpool would probably have won the Premier League, but what about CL an EC spots? What about relegation spots?

Bournemouth are currently on the same points as Watford and West Ham, but would be relegated. Villa only 2 points behind them. Wolves are only 2 points off Europe.

TheSteed wrote:

I've always said null and void is the fairest option.

Granted, Liverpool would probably have won the Premier League, but what about CL an EC spots? What about relegation spots?

Bournemouth are currently on the same points as Watford and West Ham, but would be relegated. Villa only 2 points behind them. Wolves are only 2 points off Europe.

Think Villa have a game in hand too. Average points would probably be the fairest option if the season had to be cancelled with an outcome. Although can you imagine the fuss if a team missed on the play offs or were relegated as the team below had games in hand and a higher average.

Yes they'll have to scrap it altogether. Leeds fans will be fuming as well.

Hey ho.

Magic147 wrote:

Yes they'll have to scrap it altogether. Leeds fans will be fuming as well.

Hey ho.

Liverpool, Leeds, Preston and Fleetwood.... oh well. On the flip side, Bolton might get away with it. 
seasider wrote:Liverpool, Leeds, Preston and Fleetwood.... oh well. On the flip side, Bolton might get away with it. 
A victory for all of football other than the Bolton situation. 
TheSteed wrote:
Not as if Liverpool fans have ever let a few deaths stop them from celebrating  winning a trophy.

Brighton chairman against playing at neutral venues. 

"Clearly, we must all be prepared to accept some compromises. We fully appreciate why playing behind closed doors is very likely to be a necessary compromise to play our remaining games while continuing to fully support the government's efforts to contain the spread of coronavirus," he said.

"But at this critical point in the season, playing matches in neutral venues has, in our view, potential to have a material effect on the integrity of the competition."

Professional Footballers' Association chief executive Gordon Taylor says halves of less than 45 minutes are being considered when football resumes.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52542756

Next goal wins?? 
Bundesliga set to return on May 15th. Liverpool and Leeds fans breathing easier.

Always worth remembering the anniversary of Crystanbul

https://www.facebook.com/SkySports/videos/2662845320660618/UzpfSTc0OTYyODg3OToxMDE1NzkwODkwNTgzMzg4MA/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52635005

Just sack it all off. There are more important things