Could be mistaken for the Caribbean.

Willemstad or Blackpool ๐Ÿง

I took this yesterday , I canโ€™t remember it looking so blue . 

Hopefully people will realise the damage weโ€™re doing to the planet.

We went on the beach by the sand dunes at the weekend and the sea was clear. Fucking freezing but clear.

Is it not due to the calm seas we have had?  Once the waves re-appear, it will be brown as it churns the sand up. Happy to stand corrected though. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Rimm-BFC wrote:

Is it not due to the calm seas we have had?  Once the waves re-appear, it will be brown as it churns the sand up. Happy to stand corrected though. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Yes, the waves usually churn everything up at the shoreline. 

When I first  got my boat I was amazed just how clear the water is at times. When your out at sea & itโ€™s perfectly calm, you can see the fish you catch way before they reach the surface. I had no idea just how clean it can be depending on conditions. 

Also, the sea is not blue, itโ€™s the colour of the reflection from the perfect blue sky. 

Rimm-BFC wrote:

Exactly! The sea will usually loll grey due to the sand. Thatโ€™s why dive clubs donโ€™t dive off the northwest coast, you canโ€™t see fkall when your heads underwater.

It wonโ€™t be long before itโ€™s back like this. 

Leesthedaddy wrote:

When I first  got my boat I was amazed just how clear the water is at times. When your out at sea & itโ€™s perfectly calm, you can see the fish you catch way before they reach the surface. I had no idea just how clean it can be depending on conditions. 

Also, the sea is not blue, itโ€™s the colour of the reflection from the perfect blue sky. 

"The ocean looks blue because red, orange and yellow (long wavelength light) are absorbed more strongly by water than is blue (short wavelength light). So when white light from the sun enters the ocean, it is mostly the blue that gets returned. Same reason the sky is blue."

In other words, the color of the ocean and the color of the sky are related but occur independently of each other: in both cases, the preferential absorption of long-wavelength (reddish) light gives rise to the blue. Note that this effect only works if the water is very pure; if the water is full of mud, algae or other impurities, the light scattered off these impurities will overwhelm the water's natural blueness.

Bally wrote:

"The ocean looks blue because red, orange and yellow (long wavelength light) are absorbed more strongly by water than is blue (short wavelength light). So when white light from the sun enters the ocean, it is mostly the blue that gets returned. Same reason the sky is blue."

In other words, the color of the ocean and the color of the sky are related but occur independently of each other: in both cases, the preferential absorption of long-wavelength (reddish) light gives rise to the blue. Note that this effect only works if the water is very pure; if the water is full of mud, algae or other impurities, the light scattered off these impurities will overwhelm the water's natural blueness.

Yes. Correct. without all the deep scientific stuff, the sea colour is because of the Blue sky. ๐Ÿ‘

I've been down a few times recently filming videos for Robs Brighter State of Mind Hypnotherapy channel and whether it churns up or not I honestly can't remember it ever looking so clear.

The seafront is really stunning with a view nowhere like it. The tower the piers and Pleasure Beach iconic whichever way you look.

Made Ladbible. Not really down to pollution though...

Leesthedaddy wrote:

Not exactly true. Water is the full spectrum of colours, the eye picks out blue as it is lazy. The sky and the sea should be multicoloured but weโ€™ve evolved in a way that we canโ€™t see it.

Jesus fucking Christ. 

Someone literally explained exactly why the sea looks blue and people still don't get it.

Leesthedaddy wrote:
Bally wrote:

Yes. Correct. without all the deep scientific stuff, the sea colour is because of the Blue sky. ๐Ÿ‘

No. You are still wrong. 

The Ocean is blue for the same reasons as the sky is blue. Not because the sky is blue.

I know there were a lot of words but surely it wasn't that difficult to understand.

It's fucking water, it's the same colour as all other water.
TheSteed wrote:It's fucking water, it's the same colour as all other water.
Water doesnโ€™t have a colour ๐Ÿ˜œ
Exactly
Anyway, the bottom line is, itssafe to jump off the pier. The water is clean. 
seasider wrote:Anyway, the bottom line is, itssafe to jump off the pier. The water is clean. 
Remember kids, only when the tide is in. Safety first.
So many experts on the sea ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

So what about at night sometimes when the weather is due to be nice the next day & sthe sky is Pink?

๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐ŸŽฃ ๐ŸŽฃ fish

Give us all a laugh and tell us why you think it is.

No Googling

Bally wrote:

No Googling

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Rich as fuck that mate. 

Anyone can be a Google scientist. 

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿ–•

Bally wrote:

Give us all a laugh and tell us why you think it is.

Because the Shepardโ€™s are delighted you silly cunt. 

Did your parents not teach you anything as a kid?

That's unreal regardless of what it's caused by that's a beautiful site
Strewth
Bally wrote:Strewth
๐Ÿ˜˜