Big debate on whether we should send our kids back to School on June 1st. My Son is in reception class so he would be one of the first to go back. Seems split at the moment with some parents not going to send theirs back. 
No way can they go back. It’s only for a month anyway keep them off till September now 
blackpool ger wrote:No way can they go back. It’s only for a month anyway keep them off till September now 

It’s closer to two months but I get what you mean. If you can home school your children correctly I don’t see the issue.

My lad is 8 and I split his school hours as follows,

1hr - Reading

1hr - Math’s

1hr - times tables

1hr - spelling

From what I can see his reading, spelling and timetables have improved tenfold from being home schooled. At his age anything else from his yearly syllabus can be sorted once he’s back at school.

The neighbours kids, 5 & 8, go to Kirkham grammar and they’ve been doing Latin, business studies and data analysis. Just goes to show that you get what you pay for in life!

blackpool ger wrote:No way can they go back. It’s only for a month anyway keep them off till September now 

They can, if each school is allowed to do what it thinks best. What works for one school won’t work for another.  

seasider wrote:Big debate on whether we should send our kids back to School on June 1st. My Son is in reception class so he would be one of the first to go back. Seems split at the moment with some parents not going to send theirs back. 

You won’t be fined nor will it effect any of his school attendance records if he doesn’t go back. 

Teachers are working hard to make sure all children will be safe if they return. 

Ironically, those parents moaning the most about kids going back where my Mrs works, are the parents who’ve been doing the least in making sure their kids are doing work at home. 

Hero wrote:

It’s closer to two months but I get what you mean. If you can home school your children correctly I don’t see the issue.

My lad is 8 and I split his school hours as follows,

1hr - Reading

1hr - Math’s

1hr - times tables

1hr - spelling

From what I can see his reading, spelling and timetables have improved tenfold from being home schooled. At his age anything else from his yearly syllabus can be sorted once he’s back at school.

The neighbours kids, 5 & 8, go to Kirkham grammar and they’ve been doing Latin, business studies and data analysis. Just goes to show that you get what you pay for in life!

We do our best and I reckon one of the better ones but would struggle to find the hours in the day to do that as both working from home. Unfortunately at 5, he needs constant attention if doing work. 
tangerinejezza wrote:

You won’t be fined nor will it effect any of his school attendance records if he doesn’t go back. 

Teachers are working hard to make sure all children will be safe if they return. 

Ironically, those parents moaning the most about kids going back where my Mrs works, are the parents who’ve been doing the least in making sure their kids are doing work at home. 

We are firmly in the don’t know category and this is what we filled in the questionnaire Ansdell School sent. It’s not so much the virus, it’s will just be the weirdness of it all with not all his friends there and small groups. 

It would help us out massively though as School learning is a ball ache. 

seasider wrote:

We are firmly in the don’t know category and this is what we filled in the questionnaire Ansdell School sent. It’s not so much the virus, it’s will just be the weirdness of it all with not all his friends there and small groups. 

It would help us out massively though as School learning is a ball ache. 

Classes likely to be divided in half, with some parents not sending in , there’ll be around 10 in a group. Teachers will try and keep friends together to stop them “ entering another bubble “ . 
seasider wrote:We do our best and I reckon one of the better ones but would struggle to find the hours in the day to do that as both working from home. Unfortunately at 5, he needs constant attention if doing work. 

No one said parenting was easy!

You should tell your work you need to home school your child and put all your effort into securing a decent future for him. 

I’m not being an arse with that comment btw.

Why should the teachers be put in danger?  Be another spike in cases soon after the last Bank Holiday
Bally wrote:Why should the teachers be put in danger?  Be another spike in cases soon after the last Bank Holiday
The theory says that kids don’t carry it or spread it.
Hero wrote:The theory says that kids don’t carry it or spread it.
News just in. Kids aren’t human.
TheSteed wrote:News just in. Kids aren’t human.
Just as I suspected all these years.
TheSteed wrote:News just in. Kids aren’t human.
Don’t be ignorant.
Hero wrote:The theory says that kids don’t carry it or spread it.
Which government supporting rag did you read that in?
Bally wrote:Which government supporting rag did you read that in?
That's my view & my eldest teaches reception. How the hell is she going to maintain social distancing with a class of four year olds excited to see their friends for the first time in months? 
coinslot wrote:That's my view & my eldest teaches reception. How the hell is she going to maintain social distancing with a class of four year olds excited to see their friends for the first time in months? 
Impossible and the Government probably know that deep down. 
The billionaires that control Boris and his chums need the country up and running. No profits in a lockdown.
Looks like the Government will rule against Schools returning on June 1st after local councils object. 
A_Tense_Grin wrote:Looks like the Government will rule against Schools returning on June 1st after local councils object. 
It's far too early, mine certainly won't be going back until I'm confident it's completely safe to do so. 
Just got an email from School. June 1st still on but only two days a week. 
A_Tense_Grin wrote:Just got an email from School. June 1st still on but only two days a week. 
What’s the point in that?
Hero wrote:What’s the point in that?
To manage class numbers 

To get the workers back making money for the establishment.

Notice their schools,  the likes of Eton etc aren't going back until September

Lancashire Council has advised against Schools reopening. We have a date so not sure if this will affect that. 
seasider wrote:Lancashire Council has advised against Schools reopening. We have a date so not sure if this will affect that. 

Lcc have told all schools the 15th. 

Blackpool could be different as it’s not Lancashire.

LCC once said 'No Fracking'
tangerinejezza wrote:

Lcc have told all schools the 15th. 

Blackpool could be different as it’s not Lancashire.

Little one going back on the 8th. Told him now so hope is doesn’t change. Seems pointless for just two days but at least gets him back in some kind of routine. 
seasider wrote:Little one going back on the 8th. Told him now so hope is doesn’t change. Seems pointless for just two days but at least gets him back in some kind of routine. 
It will be the 15th. The school my Mrs works at has spent ages splitting them into bubbles, emptied rooms and then yesterday got a message saying all kids going back on the 15th.
Because my lads school is so small kids can only go back for half days as social distancing is a major problem. I think we’re going to fuck it off and just home school him.