TOM Ince is too honest for his own good.

The 20-year-old hero fired two goals to help Pool come from behind to beat Bristol City 3-1, then admitted it wasn’t the finest brace of his life.

He admitted he hit a duff free-kick for Pool’s equaliser, then claimed he had his eyes closed for the second.

Ince’s 55th-minute free-kick would have been saved by City keeper David James but for a wicked deflection off the wall.

His second strike, a back-post header from a Brett Ormerod cross, wasn’t exactly textbook either.

Ince said: “I got lucky on the free-kick. It was pretty poor but you see little deflections so many times and I will definitely claim it.

“The second goal I was delighted with because I’m not really the best header of the ball. The gaffer has had me practising headers but it was one of those with the eyes closed. You just hoped it went in.

“But every good wide player should be at the back post when a cross comes in, so I was pleased to be in the right position to get the chance.

“It was a great ball in from Brett. He hasn’t been involved recently but he looked sharp and put in a brilliant performance.

“It was a fantastic response after two defeats. We were down at half-time but we knew we had the players to come back.

“We are not a side whose shoulders slump when we go a goal down. We never lose our belief because we have come back home and away on several occasions. It was brilliant to do it again.”

Ince’s performance was watched by his father Paul, who jumped up and punched the air after his son’s goals, which took his Pool tally to five.

EVENING GAZETTE

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/brace_not_so_ace_says_tom_1_4289417