coming back from Newark today near Sheffield local radio hallam vice chairman terry stewart on about the millers rotherham say they were looking to change the manager in the summer looking at some one whos plying his trade at a north west club with premier/championship pedigree who use to play for them .they move into there new stadium next year. could he be on about tommo dident he play for them . is he under contract with us and how long .?????????? :@ id be fuming if he went
rammyboy1973 wrote:

coming back from Newark today near Sheffield local radio hallam vice chairman terry stewart on about the millers rotherham say they were looking to change the manager in the summer looking at some one whos plying his trade at a north west club with premier/championship pedigree who use to play for them .they move into there new stadium next year. could he be on about tommo dident he play for them . is he under contract with us and how long .?????????? :@ id be fuming if he went

He did play for them, but I couldn't see him going there, regardless of their new stadium they will always struggle. Far to much competition around them, two Sheffield teams, Barnsley and Doncaster within 10 miles as well. Apart from that, if we did lose Holloway he must be a shoe in for the managers job at Blackpool (IMHO)
Tommo is out of contract in the summer, and FoKo has not even spoke to him about a new one, typical FoKo arrogance.

Don't be surprised if he does one if they come up with a decent package and contract.
Welcome Raging.
I would like Thommo as the next Blackpool manager, in the long term.He`s an adopted Seasider,seems very popular with the players and has learnt all the tricks of the trade from Larry,Tony Parkes & Ollie plus he has his own ideas no doubt.I am sure he is ambitious,and wants to be his own man,if a club like Rotherham came in for him,with a new ground and a fresh start,i think he would snap their hands off,for the opportunity.
I know this is all just speculation, but I just don't get this way of working.

Every other club makes sure that it secures the future services of its valued players/staff well in advance of their contract ending.

Let's imagine tommo was on a 3 year contract at 100k p/a. For those 3 years, he does well, collects his pay packet (which doesn't change for the 3 years) and his contract ends. Now, KO approaches him to sign another 3 year deal. Unfortunately, Rotherham offer him 150k (a 50% rise) so KO now has to match or beat it to retain his services.

Would it not make more sense to do what everyone else does and renew contracts with 12-18 months left? You might only need to offer a 10-20% rise at that point to make it worthwhile (and make the player/staff feel wanted/important) which means you never have to get into a contract bidding war with anyone else. If they are head-hunted you are compensated (by transfer fee or buying out of remaining contract).

I know it is all hypothetical, but that is essentially the hole KO seems to dig himself into in his attempts to penny pinch.
He has said in the past that he wants a Number 1 job somewhere but sometimes it's worth waiting and realising that the grass isn't always greener elsewhere.

One of the stipulations from Karl Oyston when Holloway came was that he had to keep Thommo on and it's clear that he rates him.... even if he hasn't given him a new deal yet.
I'm sure he does, but in that case you would expect him to be desperate to secure his services for the next few years. As much as Thommo might be happy to stay here as #2 for a few years, if his contract ends it can be very easy to have his head turned by a more lucrative offer.
hello RAGING BULL nice to see you on here , hows your season going ?........................ its just a worry tommos contract by all accounts runs out this summer surely the king pikey will resign him . or its like people are saying he could be poached by another club . more than a tad concerned imho.[hr]

west herts , that my feeling hes a shoe in for us , just a worry about his contract , and the possibility he could go else were.
Hiya Rammy, FoKo thinks he can get everyone on the cheap, including Tommo, so he'll do nothing to tie the man down, trouble is, if any club comes knocking, you can't blame him for moving to a more secure and worthwhile employer.
got to agree raging bull , that's been my concern all along , hows sanuk going m8 , you won everything yet .[hr]

foko and his family just got lucky , always show their true colors . no vision never had any.