Not sure what Ollies best team selection is now. I think a lot of players yesterday let themselves down. No Oyston negativity to blame either.

What did we learn from yesterdays shit performance?
A settled team is a winning team.

Have a set 11, let then mould, they will win.

Saying that, I've said it since day 1 and I'll carry on till the day it happens. We are the 9th best team in that league and will finish there.
We cant defend;)

Seriously though if its true we dont practice defending in training, then this needs sorting and now. I read on another thread people thought it was to late to bring in a defensive coach and should be a must for next season. Its a must now, were still in with a chance of promotion! I dont think our defenders are poor players they just have no organisation.
tangerine77 wrote:

We cant defend;)

Seriously though if its true we dont practice defending in training, then this needs sorting and now. I read on another thread people thought it was to late to bring in a defensive coach and should be a must for next season. Its a must now, were still in with a chance of promotion! I dont think our defenders are poor players they just have no organisation.

Only way we will get a defensive coach in is if he would be willing to work for free. :@
A defensive coach should have been a must before signing any players, last season highlighted that. Could Phil Horner not double up as Physio/Defensive coach?
tangerine77 wrote:

I read on another thread people thought it was to late to bring in a defensive coach and should be a must for next season. Its a must now, were still in with a chance of promotion!

Hear hear, never too late as the saying goes!

Someone must want the job even at a knock down price!

someone, surely??

Seasider, so yesterday was a shit performance, did you not go to Barnet with the other 25,000 souls, I think your choice of words is bit OTT, disapointing outcome yes, we played some decent football at times but don't panic we are not in a relegation battle.

I am not expecting us to get promoted, never at any time this season have I been convinced as such, but thought we would give it a good shot, which we have done.

We lost the soul of the team last summer and it has not been replaced and on that score alone we have done very well, but alas we have done very little in learning how to defend, in particular set pieces.
Maybe i was expecting to much this season but i did expect us to be in with a shout of promotion, given the players we have from last season and the new ones added, i think we sometimes under achieve rather than over achieve. I think its every fans right to expect there club to be in with a shout of promotion after relegation from the Premier League given the amount of money which is still recieved by the club but then again not every club has our chairman.
I'd agree shit is over the top. I am just a sore loser. If being honrst, I dont think there was too much in it apart from our inability to defend.
That is what makes it harder to accept. It is easy to accept defeat when completely outplayed by a much better team. It's harder to accept when the teams are more easily matched and we throw things away from set pieces.
I hate the autopsy after a defeat. It's so hard to pinpoint the reason for our inconsistency. With a couple of exceptions we have not steamrolled anyone this season. All those late goals to save a point or two are probably due to the attacking options on the bench who got to come on against tired legs. The ability to come back late is often cited as a key ingredient of champions. We appear to have lost that fight and belief recently. The defense is just an enigma to me. I like our players, you would think that Gilks, Evatt and Cathcart would own the area during incoming flak by now. Is Gilks disliked and on an island? Did they play smarter with Howard behind them? Crainey is a workhorse who didn't often look out of place marking the best. Those who watch every week overwhelmingly say Ferguson is a damn good player. I picked us to finish 10th before the season, but slowly started to get more confident in December. How could teams compete when we had Matty and Ince on the wings, Lua Lua coming through the middle and Bednar and KP causing havoc in the box. Need a bit more creativity? Let's get GTF to turn a couple of defenders inside out. Watching Reading yesterday it appeared obvious that they wanted it more, they were a team on a mission, they were sharp and any short passes or hesitation were going to get exploited. They had that 'Holloway' spirit that infected our promotion year team. I don't think it's lack of quality in our squad. It's something behind the scenes, in the boardroom, on the training ground, whispered in the halls. We may scrape into a playoff spot. I doubt it. If we do, the band of brothers, win at all costs magic will be needed is spades and we just don't have it at the moment. I'm behind Holloway, but his strong point is getting a group of men to act as a single invincible unit. I get the feeling players may be rolling their eyes when he goes all Churchillian on them these days. It was insane for the owner's to perform such a blatant profit grab without first improving the pitch, training ground and coaching staff. The promise of promotion is fame and riches.. our lads know the riches won't be theirs and rather than fame, the club will be shrouded in infamy as the rich get richer.
I agree GSP, but I tend to try and analyse the game whatever the result.

In relation to your point about something behind the scenes not being right; could it be to do with Ollie himself?

He revealed in his newspaper column that his family have all moved back down to Bristol and he has moved into a small rented apartment. Does that sound like the actions of a man who is going to be in the job for the long-term? I would argue that he has essentially under-mined his own position with the players by making it look like his heart isn't in the job and he doesn't intend to stick around.

If the players don't feel his heart is in it, why put theirs in?
Feasible and very disheartening thought cheesy. I would have thought that after getting the club to the prem, the leading estate agents in the Fylde would have found and given the Holloway's a rent free deal on the perfect farmhouse within a stones throw of the fylde. A short term rental in Pendle never sat well with me. Is Holloway Premiership club material considering the budget restraints he still works with? I'd argue yes. Maybe he still has eye on the big time, but he's not bothered about taking BFC with him.
Cheesyleps wrote:

I agree GSP, but I tend to try and analyse the game whatever the result.

In relation to your point about something behind the scenes not being right; could it be to do with Ollie himself?

He revealed in his newspaper column that his family have all moved back down to Bristol and he has moved into a small rented apartment. Does that sound like the actions of a man who is going to be in the job for the long-term? I would argue that he has essentially under-mined his own position with the players by making it look like his heart isn't in the job and he doesn't intend to stick around.

If the players don't feel his heart is in it, why put theirs in?

Didn't know that. Interesting.

Definitely don't like the sound of that but hopefully reading too much into it.

if it is true about ollie and the family , the writing is on the wall .:@
seasider wrote:

Didn't know that. Interesting.

Definitely don't like the sound of that but hopefully reading too much into it.

That dosent mean his heart isnt in it, maybe his family are homesick and i think you will find that shows his heart is in it, that he is willing to live away from his family for the job. Or maybe him and his missus are splitting up:s
Him and His Mrs are happy here

Its the other family members who have moved back down south (ie grown up kids ect....)

Jesus people read to much into things !!
I tend to stay away from these places for a while after a defeat, but I'm 19 posts away from my 3rd star, so I'll rabbit on about anything for the next couple days.....:)
MR-DD wrote:

Him and His Mrs are happy here

Its the other family members who have moved back down south (ie grown up kids ect....)

Jesus people read to much into things !!

It was about 3 weeks or so ago and I can't find the article at the moment, but I'm pretty sure it said his wife had gone back down south.

He said he had rented the smallest one-bedroom house he could find and packed all the chickens etc off.

Living arrangements are a big part of peoples decision making process regarding jobs in football. That's not an over-reaction.
I thought that the heart and fight had been battered out of the team by the recent 'issues', but then we fought back from behind against Brighton and Leicester, and nearly did so again against Reading. As long as we show heart and fight, we still have enough to make the play-offs and who knows what might happen from there?

We need to be getting wins in the home games, which to me means dropping Ferguson and having a team like this :

Gilks

Baptiste, Cathcart, Evatt, Crainey,

GTF, Sylvestre, Southern

Ince, KP, SD

and sticking with it for the home games. MP and LLL to come off the bench in the second half. Drop Sylvestre for Ferguson in the away games.