What are people's thoughts on the team selection yesterday? We all know Ollie likes to make changes but dropping Ince and Phillips?

I thought the defence were hopeless but stating the obvious there. Id go back to Wilson and Baptiste at centre back. I also thought Basham, Ferguson and GTF offered nothing. It's a real shame we didn't get Shelvey, we aremissing that drive and link up play.
I must admit I thought the back four yesterday were the same back four who played at Leeds, a little while back, 5-0 wasn't it?

As for Basham thought he got involved a fair bit yesterday and other than a couple of misplaced passes had a good game.

Just before GTF was sub'd he ran after a ball towards the corner flag and looked exhausted, he was out of it, just had to be replaced.

Strange thing was that Lou Lou was having the most impact up front, switching from right to left and back to the right, didn't look tired but was sub'd.

Dobbie, well he was of the pace, looks like he needs to up his fitness, not like I remembered him from his last visit.

Crainey, well he just makes me feel tired watching him, up and down, up and down, just now and again gets caught out and Baps, one of his quiter games yesterday.

I saw us play 24 games in the last Championship season when we got promoted and remember we had a game or two when we played worse than yesterday, away at Ipswich and Palace come to mind.

The down side is Ollie is running out of time or should I say games but it isn't quite over yet, I hate having to say it but we have lost a fair bit of quiality in the last 12 months.
ollie no one else , killed us with his team selection . took our pace out of the team the only true threat we have .
rammyboy1973 wrote:

ollie no one else , killed us with his team selection . took our pace out of the team the only true threat we have .

The pace is exactly what we needed going forward against their slow full backs

Think Matty needed a rest, would have replaced EITHER Matty or Ince with Dobbie. GTF, KP and Lualua are decent footballers, but not a lot of pace there.

Dobbie quicker than all 3 I reckon. Its hard to knock Holloway as he has done such a fantastic job. Who knows, maybe he sees Saints at home as more winnable than Reading away and was saving them? Given up trying to work that man out!
I thought it was fucking appalling! Ollie out!
Is it me or did he put Matty and Ince on the wrong sides of the pitch when they came on? I also thought Lua was the closest thing we had to a threat..hell, the lad was even passing it off from time to time.

I think he expected the starters to hold them to 0-0 or 1-1 for an hour and then bring on the pace when they were knackered.
Reading have far too much quality for that Gynn, I shoulder if that was Ollie's master plan.

As I stated, I hate slated the guy that did the impossible, but getting us to the Prem doesn't give him a free ride to make bizarre and awful team selections
GynnSquarePhoenix wrote:

Is it me or did he put Matty and Ince on the wrong sides of the pitch when they came on? I also thought Lua was the closest thing we had to a threat..hell, the lad was even passing it off from time to time.

I think he expected the starters to hold them to 0-0 or 1-1 for an hour and then bring on the pace when they were knackered.

For me, Matty is far more effective on the right. On his natural side he can use his pace to get past his man and whip a cross in.

When he plays on the left he cuts back inside 99% of the time and loses the benefit of his pace.

Ince, as a trickier character, suits playing inside-out. Unfortunately, that would suggest only playing one of them at a time.
MP needs a spell out of the team for me. We've tried to play him through his ropey form since the injury and it hasn't worked. [/align]
I've given up trying to second guess the team selection but it wasn't right on Saturday, agree with the no pace comments, we've done the poor defending to death just need to get a run going now!!

it ain't over...........
I said the same after the Brighton game clappers, but he played quite well when he came on at the weekend. Our expectations for him are massive and when he delivers our expectations only go up. He is still young and is always going to have bad spells. Any player who relies on their speed and acceleration will be a bit cautious returning from injury. It's probably more damning an indication of squad depth that we have had to throw him back in at the deep end so much.